Dec 05, 2010—
iDevGames has an unofficial chat room for discussing Macintosh and iPhone game development. The chat room is #idevgames on the Freenode IRC network. Use an IRC client to connect to irc.freenode.net and join #idevgames to participate.
IRC ClientsColloquy is free and very popular. There is also Linkinus (€15), Conversation (free), and X-Chat (free). For Colloquy:
defaults write info.colloquy JVAutoJoinWaitsForIdentification -bool YES
- Be polite and respectful towards other users.
- Please refrain from using profanity and "NSFW" (not safe for work) topics.
Several users have been given operator privileges so that they can help to look after the channel. They have been asked to work to these rules:
- Do not use operator privileges in anger, to bully others or for comedy effect. This includes kicking, banning and changing the topic.
- If someone has to be kicked or banned, give them a polite explanation, preferably beforehand.
- Reach a consensus with other operators before taking action.
- Only become an operator when there is a reason to do so, and remove your operator status immediately afterwards.
- If you have a disagreement with a particular operator, please discuss it with any of the other operators.
- If you're having a problem, first explain the problem in detail, then paste code and errors. "It doesn't work" and "What's wrong with this code?" without any explanation isn't going to help you. How to get your questions answered.
- All code and error messages shall be copy/pasted verbatim.
- Any bits of code over three lines should be linked-to, not pasted into the chat room. Use a website like PasteAll, rafb, Pastie, or lisppaste, etc.