Beginning iPad Development for iPhone Developers: Mastering the iPad SDK
Authors: Jack Nutting, Dave Wooldridge, David Mark
Published on: Aug 11, 2010
Price (New): $0.01 US
It’s in magazines and newspapers, it’s on television and radio, it’s on buses and billboards and pretty much everywhere you look. The iPad is the touchscreen tablet from Apple, representing the next generation of mobile computing. Packed with dozens of new features, the iOS 3.2 SDK enables you to build sophisticated, desktop-quality apps for this exciting new platform. Every iPhone and iPod touch app developer looking to take the next step and move into the iPad arena will want to read this book from cover to cover.Beginning iPad Development for iPhone Developers: Mastering the iPad SDK has all the answers, and you’ll find them presented with the same easy-to-follow style and thorough coverage you've come to expect from titles like Beginning iPhone 3 Development—everything an aspiring iPad developer needs to know to create great apps.
Best-selling authors Jack Nutting, Dave Wooldridge, and Dave Mark show iPhone developers how to master all of the iPad-exclusive frameworks and features, which are explained, demonstrated in action, and put through their paces in this comprehensive programming guide. You'll get a detailed understanding of the new feature set and gain every possible advantage in the iTunes App Store.
What you’ll learn
- How to design app interfaces optimized for the iPad by taking advantage of new UIKit features such as Popovers, Split View Controllers, and new Modal Views.
- How to utilize new graphics functionality, Core Text, Document Sharing, and advanced input methods to build powerful productivity solutions.
- How to embrace the iPad's superior media capabilities with its new video and display options.
- How to convert an existing iPhone project into a stand-alone iPad app or a Universal app for both iPhone and iPad users.
Who this book is for
This book is for all iPhone app developers who want to leverage their skills to create professional apps for the iPad. It includes extensive example projects and the complete source code for Dudel, a full-fledged drawing app for the iPad.
Developing iOS 4 Apps?
Since many of the new features in iOS 3.2 are also present in iOS 4, this is one of the first books available in print that extensively covers several of the new APIs that iPhone developers are also eager to learn for creating iOS 4-optimized apps.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to the Paradigm Shift
- Getting Started with iPad Development
- Exploring the iPhone SDK's New iPad Features
- New Graphics Functionality
- Using Core Text
- Video and Display
- Split Views and Modal Modes
- New Input Methods
- Working with Documents
- From iPhone to iPad
- Additional Resources for iPad Development