iDevGames Forums

Full Version: Cannot link LiveSDK framework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am struggling to get the LiveSDK framework to link into a test application.

I took the "LiveSDKTestBed" app (which appears to include the source for the LiveSDK framework) and I have tried to link with the compiled framework but I cannot get it to work.

I put the LiveSDK.framework folder in my /Developer/Library/Frameworks folder, added the framework using Xcode 4.2's "Build Phases" "Link Binary with Libraries" section but I still get the following linker error.

Can somebody please help.

Code:
Ld /Users/paulspark/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/LiveSDK-bregvkhbycuqrjcqojrpsjdkcpqj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/LiveSDKTestBed.app/LiveSDKTestBed normal i386
    cd /Work/LiveSDK-for-iOS-master/src
    setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.0.sdk -L/Users/paulspark/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/LiveSDK-bregvkhbycuqrjcqojrpsjdkcpqj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Headers -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Resources -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Versions -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Resources/PrivateHeaders -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Versions/5.0.3380.0913 -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Versions/Current -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Versions/5.0.3380.0913/Headers -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Versions/5.0.3380.0913/Resources -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Headers -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Resources -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Versions/5.0.3380.0913/Resources/PrivateHeaders -L/Developer/Library/Frameworks/LiveSDK.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/PrivateHeaders -F/Users/paulspark/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/LiveSDK-bregvkhbycuqrjcqojrpsjdkcpqj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator -F/Developer/Library/Frameworks -F/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator5.0.sdk/Developer/Library/Frameworks -filelist /Users/paulspark/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/LiveSDK-bregvkhbycuqrjcqojrpsjdkcpqj/Build/Intermediates/LiveSDK.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/LiveSDKTestBed.build/Objects-normal/i386/LiveSDKTestBed.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -Xlinker -objc_abi_version -Xlinker 2 -Xlinker -no_implicit_dylibs -D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=50000 -framework LiveSDK -framework UIKit -framework Foundation -framework CoreGraphics -o /Users/paulspark/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/LiveSDK-bregvkhbycuqrjcqojrpsjdkcpqj/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/LiveSDKTestBed.app/LiveSDKTestBed

ld: framework not found LiveSDK
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/clang failed with exit code 1
I found the solution to my problem.. I created a new Xcode project and simply added the LiveSDK framework. Tried to build that - same problem.

I then began to include the framework from different paths on my Mac. I freshly unzipped the LiveSDK.framework.zip file once again in my Downloads folder, used the new LiveSDK.framework folder created there and it all worked fine!

Next I thought there was perhaps a problem with where I had put the previous framework folder copy so I tried the LiveSDK.framework folder in different locations. They all worked fine.. Eventually I copied the contents into the /Developer/Library/Frameworks folder, chose to 'replace all existing' files and it still didn't work. I deleted that folder, tried again, and it worked. So.. all I can think of is that there must have been something within that folder that was stopping it from working.

All working fine now.. WeiRd!
Bizarre!! This must be an Xcode bug..

- If I include the framework from ~user/Downloads it works..
- I remove framework after adding from above path..
- Add once again from correct path (/Developer/Library/Frameworks)
- Will work now
Reference URL's