iDevGames Forums

Full Version: Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here's an idea for an "anti-casual" game. Any first impressions/ideas? Could this have potential?

The main character is inspired from Wulffmorgenthaler.

[Image: idea.jpeg]
I don't see a game idea, I see a fuzzy faced lumber jack wielding a knife.
What is an "anti-casual" game?
Looks like he needs his vitamins...and looks like he has enough excitement running through him and will decapitate the chemist holding them...either that, or will just ask the chemist first to flop it out for him for a quick intake, them lob off his head saying 'merry xmas, and thanks for the vitamins'.
Clearly he's about to stab a casual game in the neck.

There's no game idea there, but based off the drawing the only thing "anti-casual" about it is the knife. The style of the character seems extremely casual to me.
(Dec 19, 2011 08:12 PM)JustinFic Wrote: [ -> ]Clearly he's about to stab a casual game in the neck.

There's no game idea there, but based off the drawing the only thing "anti-casual" about it is the knife. The style of the character seems extremely casual to me.

Hey Justin,

That is the closest to what my impression was when I drew this character. The character is "casual" if you will, but the weapon is not.

(Dec 19, 2011 03:42 PM)skyhawk Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a game idea, I see a fuzzy faced lumber jack wielding a knife.

OK, so it looks like a lumber jack to you. I originally thought that he's a fisherman but maybe a lumber jack is the thing. If there's a two player mode then the "Luigi" could be a fisherman. Hmmm... Lumber jacks imply forest scenery...

(Dec 19, 2011 07:39 PM)AndyKorth Wrote: [ -> ]What is an "anti-casual" game?

Hehe, I'm thinking of a concept that would look like a casual game but then it wouldn't be that in the end. Maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree. However, it's what came to my mind the moment I drew this.

(Dec 19, 2011 08:10 PM)soundguru Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like he needs his vitamins...and looks like he has enough excitement running through him and will decapitate the chemist holding them...either that, or will just ask the chemist first to flop it out for him for a quick intake, them lob off his head saying 'merry xmas, and thanks for the vitamins'.

Yes! Skyhawk suggested a lumber jack and now we have soundguru's vitamin theme... So there's vitamin power-ups in the forest. Maybe a wooden chemist's booth occasionally where he pauses to buy bigger knifes/axes and medicine for healing.

Now the question arises: What could his enemies be?
Wait, are we IMPROVISING this game idea?

Well.

Nuns. His enemies are nuns.

The lumberjack is also a transvestite. You can equip women's clothing.
@JustinFic: I'm sure that if you ever grow bored of game development you could get a gig writing for Dr. McNinja Rolleyes
I definitely like a lumberjack theme. Obviously all the enemies are trees.
(Dec 20, 2011 03:45 PM)AndyKorth Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely like a lumberjack theme. Obviously all the enemies are trees.

LOL
(Dec 20, 2011 11:02 AM)JustinFic Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, are we IMPROVISING this game idea?

Well.

Nuns. His enemies are nuns.

The lumberjack is also a transvestite. You can equip women's clothing.

I guess we are improvising. Transvestite possibility is definitely in. However, I wouldn't slash nuns to death. Rather, I see the nuns as the society ruling the forest. They tell Jack to be a "good boy".

(Dec 20, 2011 03:45 PM)AndyKorth Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely like a lumberjack theme. Obviously all the enemies are trees.

Trees and fish.
Cannot get the idea out of my head so I might as well draw something. Here is what I drew on the basis of the conversation so far:
[Image: idea2.jpg]

I tried to draw a ghoul but I need to work on that still... Also, the dress is missing. Nurse/Japanese School girl?
School girl outfits work well in any game, in my professional opinion.
And tarantulas, never forget the schoolgirl outfit wearing tarantulas.
Alex
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's