iDevGames Forums

Full Version: How to promote the games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys! We want to release the game. It is currently under development. We are interested in how to promote it and get a large number of downloads. Probably, this topic has been discussed 100 times on the forum. Excuse me, but I do not speak the language very well. = (
I would be grateful for your advice. Thank you.
Regards
App advertising websites, talk about it in forums, mention it in game related websites, word of mouth is huge so getting it out there is the first major step. Goodluck!
You can also create your own site and blog! It is free.
Tell there about your game. Post some interesting information, video, screenshots.
Good luck))
*Some Points to promote the games

-Build a good game! A good game advertises itself!

-A website of your game , a simple one with gameplay videos

-Gameplay+ trailer videos in YouTube

-Presence in social networks like Twitter and Facebook

-Anounce your game 2-4 weeks before it's on the market within the to come up with some buzz

-Anounce your game throughout iPhone game news web site and blogs.

-ensure to grant promo codes each to the positioning house owners and some for thier users as a part of a giveaway

-Promo code giveaway to Twitter + Facebook followers as a part of rewards to hitch

-Discount or offer your game for gratis for a restricted time, make certain to announce this still. I continually transfer games offered free for some days!
I believe that unless your app is a real crack and gets tons of downloads the first couple of days, it's unlikely to have any rating/review that soon, or any genuine one. So maybe it's worth to get friends to get some reviews, yeah.
(Feb 13, 2012 04:01 PM)seneka Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys! We want to release the game. It is currently under development. We are interested in how to promote it and get a large number of downloads. Probably, this topic has been discussed 100 times on the forum. Excuse me, but I do not speak the language very well. = (
I would be grateful for your advice. Thank you.
Regards

You can make your own blog put information about your developed blog and some interesting screen shots and video. Share this blog on social networking sites.
Hi Seneka, I am releasing one next week and havent done any marketing,asked my friends from forums and they've asked me to add it to the Upcoming releases section and post screenshots etc about the game
Hello,

I try google admob campaign and 0 purchase.

Do contest, distribute promo code, ...
For example you can see on the fan page that I launch a contest. I give promo code for iOs.

You can do the same.
Hello...Promotion is very important part of marketing. I suggest you that you can share your game on related websites on Facebook, Google+ etc. and write something about your game...Thanks
For a small fish, getting reviews are almost impossible.

Even if you have a good game, big reviewers and Apple simply don't have the time anymore to spend time with small fishes anymore.

Big publishers have all the attention IMHO.

This explaining why there is so many bad games reviewed on websites and featured by Apple, and that you find so many awesome games in the bottom of the charts.

So far, what I saw worked best for us, was posting regularly on forums, answering to questions from people who are interested. These guys are most likely the people who advertise about us.
(Jan 14, 2014 01:51 AM)isuugam Wrote: [ -> ]Looking for your suggestions on this iPad game…

Suggestion #1 would be to have a backup title locked and loaded in case EA/Popcap decide to send you a C&D letter.
After complete game development "promotion" is most important part to make your game more popular...
Share your game on all popular social sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter etc.. and tell your friends to share your game's link. Create attractive game play video and submit on video sharing sites.
If you have a enough budget then you can do paid promotion like create add banner and display it on relevant sites. You can also create Facebook campaign and target specific audience.

Read more about app promotion from : http://www.arthisoft.com/blog/2013/12/tr...mote-apps/
A great way to promote your Game is through App Store Optimization (ASO). This is SEO but applied to the App Stores.

ASO is:
Keywords - Optimizing your Apps Keywords so that they rank better
Screenshots - Optimizing your Apps Screenshots so that they look amazing
Icon - Optimizing your Apps Icon so that they grab a users attention

Read more about ASO at the Blog: http://www.optimizemyapps.com/category/a...tion-blog/
Yeah, it’s not easy as we think. I would recommend you just write about your GAME in technology and games, blogs, meanwhile discuss in some game forums. I think you will get better traffic from them. First submit it in iTunes, then promote it into social media websites. There are a couple of technology blogs available and they accept the guest blogging so you can also promote your game by submitting articles over there.
Reference URL's