graphic

Nibbie
Hey guys,

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this problem:

I am developing a simple game by using GameSalad. For the graphics I am using Adobe illustrator CS5. The question is, how should I save my vector images in AI in order to loose as little quality as possible. When I save for web and devices, and choose PNG24 the images becomes blurry when uploaded to GameSalad view.

Please help :-)!
Quote this message in a reply
http://gamesalad.com/wiki/Media_Importing_Reference
So according to the Game Salad docs, you can't upload files in the lossless .ai format. So you have to rasterize your vector images into bitmaps prior to uploading.
I find Illy CS5 to be pretty lousy at rasterizing, so I usually export a large .png and then open it in Photoshop, resize the image (cmd-opt-I), then re-save it as a .png file.
Nibbie
Ok thnx i will try that!
Should choose "save as" or "Save for web and devices"?
is it possible to open an ai file in ps and then save as png?
Can't figure out how some manage to have such high quality images, such as Tiny wings
(Apr 25, 2011 10:22 PM)ga87 Wrote:  Should choose "save as" or "Save for web and devices"?
Use Save As and choose your options directly. This is the method I prefer - to save as a .png from Illustrator and then open and resize in Photoshop.

Quote:Is it possible to open an ai file in ps and then save as png?
Yes, I just tested it. You can either open the file directly, or place the image as a Smart Object into a layer.