Question : Deploy xcode 3.1.3 to ios 5+ ?

Apprentice
one question, i had enrolled as a iphone developer $99,
now i met another problem,
because i just got a brand new iphone 4s (ios 5+)
and i had been programming in xcode 3.1.3,
and my mac os is leopard (10.5)

i thought it is possible to deploy directly from xcode,
but it wont, and i had been told to upgrade from leopard to lion(10.7),
but to upgrade from lion need snow leopard,
which cost me a lot by paying snow and then lion.

question,
how do i deploy my program directly from xcode to iphone4s without really upgrading my xcode version and mac os?
is there no other options?

and if there is no option left, is there any discount or free (possible?) benefits for enrolled iphone developer?
Quote this message in a reply
You can deploy to iOS 5 (5.0, at least; not 100% sure about 5.1, but presumably) from Snow Leopard, so you wouldn't have to upgrade all the way to Lion. Not sure if that helps you, but it's an option. Unfortunately, there's no other sanctioned way to deploy an app to your phone than Xcode (and iTunes), so you'd be venturing into the realm of jailbreaking to do it outside what Apple supports.
Apprentice
hi thanks for reply, after struggling for a day and night, i think i will just send my pc to the apple store and get it fixed or upgraded.. its really troublesome when ppl have older gadgets..
(Mar 22, 2012 07:49 AM)ThemsAllTook Wrote:  You can deploy to iOS 5 (5.0, at least; not 100% sure about 5.1, but presumably) from Snow Leopard

Just to confirm that you can deploy to iOS 5.1 from Snow Leopard...

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
(Apr 12, 2012 08:06 AM)sealfin Wrote:  
(Mar 22, 2012 07:49 AM)ThemsAllTook Wrote:  You can deploy to iOS 5 (5.0, at least; not 100% sure about 5.1, but presumably) from Snow Leopard

Just to confirm that you can deploy to iOS 5.1 from Snow Leopard...

I was actually trying recently and couldn't find a way. Xcode 4.2 doesn't recognize it, and Xcode 4.3 requires Lion. Any tips on getting it to work?
(Apr 12, 2012 10:30 AM)ThemsAllTook Wrote:  Any tips on getting it to work?

'Fraid not, as I didn't encounter any difficulties - I just plugged in a device with iOS 5.1 installed and had Xcode (3.2.5) collect debugging information...

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
A way around it is to deploy to the device without using Xcode. That's not great if it's your primary device for testing on, but in my case my plan is to deploy directly to an older device, and do 5.x compatibility testing by deploying beta builds, not via Xcode.

I googled SL --> 5.1 just this week, and people have got it working, but it involved issuing terminal commands to manually install the 5.1 SDK. I decided that I didn't want to muck with it. I needed a 2nd test device anyway so I headed to eBay and picked up a 2nd gen 8GB iPod Touch. (Not that he's shipped it to me yet, but that's another story.)

(Edit: Seems silly to jump through these hoops to avoid Lion, even though I'm using Lion on my work machine quite happily. It would be cheaper to upgrade. But I hate the idea of losing Rosetta, and also of trying to explain to the rest of the family why their favorite applications now behave differently.)

Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Stupid xcode question: How do I turn off precompiled headers? SourceIT 2 7,178 Aug 30, 2008 12:53 PM
Last Post: SourceIT
  A question about building target in xcode sakiel 4 4,257 Aug 1, 2007 01:29 AM
Last Post: sakiel
  XCode Build Question DesertPenguin 6 5,865 Jan 7, 2007 01:07 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  Question about Xcode targets and templates ferum 1 3,235 Aug 9, 2006 12:21 PM
Last Post: szymczyk
  Dumb Xcode interface question... WhatMeWorry 1 2,832 Oct 17, 2005 02:24 PM
Last Post: Taxxodium