MacOS X game developer needed UK

Nibbie
Hi,

Does anyone here remember a game called Monkey Shines? It ran on MacOS 8 and MacOS 9, and was released in 1997. It was quite a hit in its day.

Well, I wrote the little bugger, and I'd love to see it updated for MacOS X.

If anyone is interested in a little project, I would be happy to provide the source code, graphics (could be updated to 16 bit colour - was 8 bit colour originally) and sounds, and also to give advice and explain anything.

Could you make any money from this? Well, that is something that can be discussed with any interested party. I am certainly not in a position to pay for the port, but I have no fundamental objection to this being released on the App Store at a low price, and maybe it would sell.

If you can't remember the game, this will jog your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PnKY1UAr8Y

Note that I didn't post this, which tells you how popular it was!

Is there a demand for it?

http://www.actionsoft.com/forums/cgi-bin...2422127/10

Guess so!

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

Mark
Quote this message in a reply
Out of curiosity, why don't you do it? If you wrote it to start with, what's the problem with updating it for OS X or even iOS?
Alex
Nibbie
(May 24, 2012 06:41 PM)EvolPenguin Wrote:  Out of curiosity, why don't you do it? If you wrote it to start with, what's the problem with updating it for OS X or even iOS?
Alex

Hi,

I am way out of date with games development, and I think a lot has changed from MacOS 9 to MacOS X. I simply don't have the time which would be needed to get up to speed.

So, any takers?

Mark

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [PAID] Writer needed for a sci-fi action game dumuroxi 0 768 May 6, 2014 02:50 PM
Last Post: dumuroxi
  Cocos2D developer needed to join team TumblingHeads 0 1,040 Sep 25, 2013 12:20 PM
Last Post: TumblingHeads
  Required: Game Developer with Raptivity Experience Venkat 0 1,175 Jul 5, 2013 02:28 PM
Last Post: Venkat
  [Closed] Help wanted: app developer to help port a game GolfHacker 8 2,860 Jun 7, 2013 06:52 AM
Last Post: GolfHacker
  Developer Need for IOS/IPAD Game Demo chadmac 0 2,478 Oct 21, 2012 01:58 PM
Last Post: chadmac