iDevGames' GDC-Was-Awesome-And-I-Need-To-Make-A-Game Jam!

Sage
Taxes? Oh come now, that takes like a couple hours tops if you have all the paperwork in one place. You just need to read off numbers and type them into TurboTax. Rasp

Anyway. I'm in. I'll probably only spend a couple days on my entry though.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Quote this message in a reply
Well mine is coming along really nicely. Yesterday I worked on the idea in my head, and today I'm working on the idea in my head. Ninja

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
⌘-R in Chief
So how's it going? Mine is almost starting to come together. I have the beginnings of my networking working (it'll be terrible, but functional Rasp) and am about to get over the hurdle of having the two running the same level with movement and collision working. Should be all downhill after that.
Hmm. I thought I'd want to participate in this, but my post-GDC inspiration hasn't taken the form of wanting to write a quick jam game. I might get the itch and whip something out last minute, but unless that happens I'm probably out for this one.
⌘-R in Chief
It's sounding like I'm the only one who followed through with this. lol. Sigh.
I want to play it!

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Sage
Arg. Ok. I've gotten approximately nowhere with this. I worked on mine a little bit last Tuesday and then haven't touched it since then. :-\

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
⌘-R in Chief
I have all the functionality I planned on, and now just need to make a real level and hope it works out to be "fun". Smile

I'm bummed no one else jumped on board. I thought the timing would have been perfect.
(Apr 10, 2013 10:40 AM)SethWillits Wrote:  I thought the timing would have been perfect.

Hehe, the timing would have been good if I hadn't been offered a job between the announcement and the commencement Wink

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
⌘-R in Chief
Well… I made a game. It's a two player, networked, co-op game so you'd need a buddy to try it.

It's called Negative Space. It's along the lines of a Portal 2's co-op, but since I only spent 4 days on it, it's not as diverse, naturally. There are no portals, but there is… negative space.

http://sethwillits.com/temp/NegativeSpace.zip
[Image: upshot_BuP2rT3k.png]

Unfortunately, since it's a co-op game it's a bit useless to play with me, but if you just want to see it, you can pop into IRC and ask for a buddy. I'll make a screen recording later.
Cool, congrats! I'll have to stop by IRC later and find someone to play it with.
⌘-R in Chief
http://www.sethwillits.com/temp/NegativeSpace.mov

This is me playing co-op with myself. It was a bit confusing to do one on each hand.
(Apr 20, 2013 10:47 AM)SethWillits Wrote:  http://www.sethwillits.com/temp/NegativeSpace.mov

This is me playing co-op with myself. It was a bit confusing to do one on each hand.

This is awesome!

Since I am a beginner, this question might sound very stupid, but, what language is this in? Because I am learning Objective-C and just want examples of things I could do with it.
Nice! I couldn't run it on my current Mac (an old MacBook), which sadly wasn't compatible anymore with about 90% of the tools/frameworks I was planning to experiment with for this contest. Hopefully I'll have some new hardware and be able to enter something next time. Blush
⌘-R in Chief
(Apr 20, 2013 03:22 PM)easy_e Wrote:  Since I am a beginner, this question might sound very stupid, but, what language is this in? Because I am learning Objective-C and just want examples of things I could do with it.

You can do anything and everything in it. Wink

This is in Obj-C. It's a tiny bit of Cocos2d (just dealing with the tilemap loading/rendering so I wouldn't have to) and a big chunk of my own code that's part of a tutorial series I've been writing for iDevGames at a glacial pace.