iDevGames Forums
Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire? (/thread-1520.html)

Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire? - WriterRick - Apr 2, 2009 06:02 AM

I've had this idea for this simple but addicting game for years. The iPod's controls -- the touch wheel (or whatever the technical term is for it) -- makes it the perfect platform for playing it. I am not a developer but this game is so simple in concept that somebody who knows what they are doing could probably build it in a day.

Are there any sites where developers for hire post their rates that anyone could direct me to?

Thanks.

EriterRick

Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire? - riruilo - Apr 2, 2009 09:27 AM

For instance
http://forums.toucharcade.com/index.php

Do not forget ideas are worthless and iPhone developers know it.

Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire? - maximile - Apr 2, 2009 10:26 AM

The SDK for the iPod (excluding the iPod Touch) is not available to the public. You're very unlikely to be able to get your game published for it. You'll have a much better chance targeting the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire? - jaguard - Apr 2, 2009 05:16 PM

It's highly unlikely that you're going to earn something with a game which only takes one day to develop.

Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire? - kodex - Apr 2, 2009 06:29 PM

As others have said the iPod is not an open platform, you will have to contact Apple directly and pitch the idea. However you can develop for the iPod Touch and iPhone.

Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire? - Ingemar - Apr 2, 2009 08:54 PM

jaguard Wrote:It's highly unlikely that you're going to earn something with a game which only takes one day to develop.
Very few worthwhile applications are made in one day. Some simple utilities are, the kind with almost no user interface and a fairly straightforward functionality. A very, very simple game can be made in one day, but not if it should be visually pleasing and well tested.

By all means go ahead and implement your idea, it may be great, but I am afraid that there are always complications, everything costs more and takes longer.