iDevGames Forums
Carbon events in windowed/full screen mode. Help needed. - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Game Programming Fundamentals (/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Carbon events in windowed/full screen mode. Help needed. (/thread-2025.html)

Carbon events in windowed/full screen mode. Help needed. - Anton Petrov - Dec 18, 2008 03:11 AM

Good day, all!
We are porting our Win32 game to OS X. And I have a couple of questions for you Mac gurus! )))
Please tell what strategy for input events handling is commonly used in games. Because I have a little problem. When I process kEventMouseUp/kEventMouseDown in the handler attached to the main window it does not work after aglSetFullscreen (because of display capture I guess), i.e. my handler does not receive this events. And when I attach my events handler to the Application target suddenly buttons of standard alert dialogs do not respond to mouse down, i.e. I can not click OK button of a standard alert with mouse.
Would you please describe what's going on? Thank you.

Carbon events in windowed/full screen mode. Help needed. - DoG - Dec 18, 2008 05:35 AM

The application event handler must pass events it doesn't process to the standard event handler, so you must indicate that this should happen when you want to show dialogs, etc.