iDevGames Forums
Any native iPhone developers in here? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Any native iPhone developers in here? (/thread-2809.html)

Any native iPhone developers in here? - Nevada - Jan 21, 2008 06:52 PM

Hello everybody. I've spent the last few weeks at the MIT Media Lab on a neat undergraduate research project that has me developing native applications for the iPhone. I just wanted to see if there were any other iPhone developers here. Most of the API's and frameworks nearly exactly mirror Cocoa (CoreFoundation, Foundation, CoreGraphics/Animation/Audio etc.) with the introduction of one called UIKit, so I also think it might be a fun platform for game development as well...Wink

Any native iPhone developers in here? - reubert - Jan 21, 2008 07:36 PM

Sounds cool!

I'm not yet, but I anticipate I will be when the SDK is released. I don't want to invest any time into it until I see how the release system is going to work and have an official SDK to work with. Oh yeh, and that I have 5 other projects on the go and a full time job I keep having to show up for... Still, it would be great to get some games on the iPhone right at the beginning... needz mor timez Mad

Any native iPhone developers in here? - Skorche - Jan 22, 2008 01:08 AM

Someone compiled the Chipmunk demos for the iPhone. Made it work with the tilt sensor too. One of my coworkers was all excited to try that. Could be a fun Chipmunk machine. Grin

Any native iPhone developers in here? - reubert - Jan 22, 2008 01:14 AM

Skorche Wrote:Someone compiled the Chipmunk demos for the iPhone. Made it work with the tilt sensor too. One of my coworkers was all excited to try that. Could be a fun Chipmunk machine. Grin

WOW! That is freekin fantastic. I can't wait to try it! Grin

Any native iPhone developers in here? - Nevada - Jan 22, 2008 03:19 PM

Chipmunk BASIC... Awesome. The Toolchain that's floating around out there is quite a nice substitute for not having the SDK. I don't think it's going to help me though. I'm trying to figure out how to get around Apple's crippled Bluetooth implementation, so I can use it for more than just headsets.

Any native iPhone developers in here? - OneSadCookie - Jan 22, 2008 05:41 PM

Er, no, the other Chipmunk. Y'know, the good one.

Any native iPhone developers in here? - PowerMacX - Jan 23, 2008 04:30 PM

reubert Wrote:I'm not yet, but I anticipate I will be when the SDK is released. I don't want to invest any time into it until I see how the release system is going to work and have an official SDK to work with.

Same over here.

Any native iPhone developers in here? - Nevada - Jan 23, 2008 05:25 PM

OneSadCookie Wrote:Er, no, the other Chipmunk. Y'know, the good one.

Rasp Of course, lol. Haven't heard of it before. Sounds interesting...