iDevGames Forums
Suggestions for online High Scores - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Suggestions for online High Scores (/thread-647.html)

Suggestions for online High Scores - EndeavorBros - Oct 25, 2009 11:52 PM

Hey guys,

Just a quick question,

I want an to have a way for our game users to submit their high scores online. Its a way to compare all the different high scores that people are getting.

Do any of you have a recommendation on how to do this? Is it as simple as having a web service on our web page that would save the data or do we need to do something different?

Thanks,

Suggestions for online High Scores - OptimisticMonkey - Oct 26, 2009 10:48 AM

Yes - The easiest way is to have some kind of server side web service listening for and xml data submission containing score information.

Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, PHP - any data-enabled web platform will work

Suggestions for online High Scores - DaFalcon - Nov 8, 2009 02:42 AM

EndeavorBros Wrote:Hey guys,

Just a quick question,

I want an to have a way for our game users to submit their high scores online. Its a way to compare all the different high scores that people are getting.

Do any of you have a recommendation on how to do this? Is it as simple as having a web service on our web page that would save the data or do we need to do something different?

Thanks,

People are crafty though, so include some kind of encryption/fraud prevention methods. Otherwise you'll find people suddenly achieving unrealistic scores and ruining the experience for everyone else.

Suggestions for online High Scores - iamflimflam1 - Nov 8, 2009 04:14 PM

There are quite a few free services you can integrate now.

OpenFeint, ScoreLoop, Cocos2d has a high score service as well.

They are all pretty trivial to do, OpenFeint and ScoreLoop both took less than 20 minutes to get up and running.

Suggestions for online High Scores - Bersaelor - Nov 10, 2009 07:26 AM

For the multiplayer part of my Turn-Based Strategy Game, I'd like players to be able to compete against each other and gain ranks (basically like the multiplayer part Warcraft III or Battle for Wesnoth).

As I understand I have to write the server where players can open Multiplayer Matches and Join Open Games myself, since the Options mentioned above (OpenFeint, ScoreLoop, Cocos2d) only support pure Highscore-Updates and Viewing of Highscores.

Anybody here knows an easy way how to achieve a Multiplayer-Server? (easy meaning with minimum time effort)