iDevGames Forums
Error Launching Remote Program after updating XCode and iPod - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Error Launching Remote Program after updating XCode and iPod (/thread-740.html)

Error Launching Remote Program after updating XCode and iPod - Madrayken - Sep 18, 2009 10:21 AM

Second fun issue for the day:

I just updated my iPodTouch to 3.1. and my XCode to 3.1.4.

Every time I try running on the device, my app quits with the error:

Error launching remote program: failed to get the task for process <whatever number here>

When I ignore XCode and start the app by itself on the iPhone, all is fine. It even sends back NSLogs to the console as usual.
I've tried using versions of my project from months ago with the same results. GLSprite on the other hand works just fine. :-/

Any idea what's going on? I'm not keen to carry on until I know what's up.

Error Launching Remote Program after updating XCode and iPod - Newbrof - Oct 2, 2009 04:47 AM

I had this issue .... after I rebooted the MAC everything was fine (knock on wood)

Error Launching Remote Program after updating XCode and iPod - Madrayken - Oct 14, 2009 03:33 PM

Finally:

I made sure I was using the DEVELOPMENT profile, and not the DISTRIBUTION profile, and then checked the 'entitlements.plist' value 'get-task-allow'.