iDevGames Forums
any iphone game developers near newcastle, uk? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: any iphone game developers near newcastle, uk? (/thread-914.html)

any iphone game developers near newcastle, uk? - cool mr croc - Aug 3, 2009 05:35 PM

hi, im a 29 year old games student at northumbria, ive recently got into iphone games development. ive been using an open gl based c++ engine which takes care of all the objective c so i dont need to mess with it. the problem is im about to enter my final year, in which i have a project i need to do and would like to base it around the iphone and would like to code my own engine from scratch. ive studied objective c enough to make sense of other peoples code but just cant seem to figure out enough to actually get anything on the screen for myself without using the interface builder in xcode. whenever i try and ask for help online i dont seem to get my point across, and cant find tutorials which dont use interface builder or an engine. i know its got to do with deleting the xib, editing appdelegate, and setting up views.

my que is are you or do you know of any iphone developers in the NE england, and can i interest you in a few weeks of my services (unpaid)? ive been doing well in class and im pretty handy with c++, and wouldnt take me long to be able to use objective c as well. i just need a reason to use it for extended periods and to see the coding life cycle start from a fresh new project.

any iphone game developers near newcastle, uk? - Elphaba - Aug 4, 2009 04:23 AM

Hi

I'm doing an MSc in Games Programming in Hull, and for my dissertation (time is rapidly running out) I'm doing an iPhone game - my first foray into Mac/iPhone dev.

If you have any questions or just wanna talk, maybe we could skype?

any iphone game developers near newcastle, uk? - Carlos Camacho - Aug 4, 2009 04:43 AM

>any iphone game developers near newcastle, uk?
Perhaps the MOST successful iPhone developer is in New Castle, Strange Flavour, run by Bit Brothers...oops, I mean Fothergill Brothers.
lol

http://www.strangeflavour.com

Aaron Fothergill is in this forum.

p.s. Sorry to hear about Sir Bobby. I liked him.

any iphone game developers near newcastle, uk? - Zwilnik - Aug 5, 2009 08:53 AM

I thought my spidey sense was tingling Smile

We're Newcastle based as Carlos mentioned although working from home rather than an office. I've PM'd you with some contact info.

Btw. the chapter I wrote for PJ Cabrera's iPhone Games Projects book covers writing an OpenGL ES game from scratch on the iPhone, including loading in graphics without having to touch Obj-C or interface builder Smile

any iphone game developers near newcastle, uk? - cool mr croc - Aug 5, 2009 04:38 PM

Elphaba Wrote:Hi

I'm doing an MSc in Games Programming in Hull, and for my dissertation (time is rapidly running out) I'm doing an iPhone game - my first foray into Mac/iPhone dev.

If you have any questions or just wanna talk, maybe we could skype?
i would but i dont have a mic, thanks though.

Zwilnik Wrote:I thought my spidey sense was tingling Smile

We're Newcastle based as Carlos mentioned although working from home rather than an office. I've PM'd you with some contact info.

Btw. the chapter I wrote for PJ Cabrera's iPhone Games Projects book covers writing an OpenGL ES game from scratch on the iPhone, including loading in graphics without having to touch Obj-C or interface builder Smile

cheers, just emailed