Sprite Monkey - Printable Version
+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Tools & Technology (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Sprite Monkey (/thread-9270.html)
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - May 18, 2012 12:43 PM
New demo available that's fully functional. It's limited to 4 frames per sheet/strip. But you can try out the cocos2D export and other features.
RE: Sprite Monkey - funkboy - May 22, 2012 08:09 AM
Congrats on the updates. How is usage going? What other sites are you mentioning this on?
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - May 22, 2012 09:31 AM
Well, there's hundreds of Sprite Monkey users. So I hope the new cocos2d export gets tested out and possibly reviewed. I like to know how things are going with my apps.
I've also mentioned the app over on the cocos2d forum.
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - May 22, 2012 02:58 PM
Found a bug with CCSprite export from Sprite Monkey. The full version and demo have been fixed and uploaded. The full version update should be available after iTunes Connect reviews it. I apologize.
I also added comment image names for each frame, so you can easily look back and quickly figure out what still frame you want to use.
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - Jun 1, 2012 04:25 PM
Sprite Monkey v1.4.1 now available on the Mac App Store!
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - Aug 12, 2012 08:21 PM
Sprite Monkey Demo v1.5 now available! Full version should be available on the Mac App Store soon! The demo is fully functional but limited to 4 frames per sprite sheet/strip.
Sprite Monkey is now a 64bit Cocoa sandboxed app!
Export sprite coordinates to PureBasic's DataSection in a "*.pb" file format.
Download the demo here...
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - Apr 24, 2013 11:41 AM
Sprite Monkey v2 adds the following features...
• Open Image Folder - Import a folder of PNG images. Sequence images load best when numbered. If your last image has double digits ("MyImage25.png") then the first image should have double digits ("MyImage01.png"), else the images will not load in order or load alphabetically.
• Import Image - Add a single image to your already loaded images. This image will be put at the end of the list. So just make sure you load them all the first time.
• Delete Image - Deletes an image. Image id's will be automatically recalculated and put back in numerical order.
• Drag Image - Move images around with the mouse to reposition them.
• Rotate Image - Right click on an image to rotate it to 270 degrees.
• Reset Columns - Set column/sheet width by selecting an image and using "command + R" keys. If you want to add another column after using "command + R", just move the top-right image to the right a bit and use "command + R" again.
• Snap to Grid - Snaps images to the grid to easily align the images. It snaps to every 8th pixel.
• Clip Alpha Image - Clip 32bit PNG images by using the "-" and "=" (+) keys so you can overlap the images. This evenly clips the width (or height if rotated) of all the images, so it doesn't interfere with the animation sequence. You can use the "command + R" keys to collapse the images to their new clip size.
• Canvas Size - If your need more space to create your sprite sheet, just increase the canvas size.
• Displays image name and coordinates of the selected image.
• Multi-grid coloring set by 8, 32 and 128 pixels for easy image layout.
• Script Editor - To easily create custom sprite coordinate scripts.
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - May 3, 2013 10:07 AM
Sprite Monkey v2 Demo Available!
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - May 6, 2013 08:28 PM
Sprite Monkey v2.1 Released!
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - May 16, 2013 02:49 PM
Sprite Monkey v2.2 Released!
• Optional dithering for 8 and 4-bit sprite sheets.
• Export alpha channel.
• The canvas will auto-scale if imported images is larger then canvas size.
• Show borders/dimensions of alpha channel images (Command + B).
• Alpha clip no longer shows original image size in order to reduce canvas clutter.
• Sprite sheet size is now located in the status bar so it doesn't cover part of the last image.
• Preferences (Command + ,) allows you to set and save defaults for certain options.
• sm.SheetNumber is set to the last number used in the export window.
• Updated help file.
RE: Sprite Monkey - Evan Stallings - May 16, 2013 04:17 PM
Is this program good for making 8 and 16 bit sprites? I see you mentioned 8 and 4 bit in the last post, but I just want to make sure.
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - May 19, 2013 06:44 PM
(May 16, 2013 04:17 PM)Evan Stallings Wrote: Is this program good for making 8 and 16 bit sprites? I see you mentioned 8 and 4 bit in the last post, but I just want to make sure.
Yes, it can export 8 but not 16. It exports: 32, 24, 18, 12, 8, 4, and 1 bit. Sorry for the delay, I didn't get an email that there was a response.
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - Jun 4, 2013 10:37 AM
Sprite Monkey is only $2.99 USD until June 7, 2013 !
Don't forget to leave a review.
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - Sep 28, 2013 11:35 AM
Until October 1 of 2013 you can purchase Sprite Monkey and Joi for $0.99 USD each on the Mac App Store! Cafio will be free during this period! Be sure to leave a review, thanks!
RE: Sprite Monkey - PoseMotion - Nov 13, 2013 07:38 PM
Sprite Monkey v2.2.1 is now available!
When Sprite Monkey is in fullscreen mode on OS X 10.7 or better, the script editor and help file can now be properly restored after being minimized by clicking on the “Script Editor” button or using the “F1″ key (fn + F1 on a compact keyboard).