Treasure Run and Football Runner

Hi guys!

I thought I would post here about two games I released in the last few weeks. Some of you will have seen my tweets but some maybe not. They are actually both the same runner game engine but with different skins.

[Image: screen568x568.jpeg]
Treasure Run - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/treasure...d882391616

[Image: screen568x568.jpeg]
Football Runner - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/football...?ls=1&mt=8

If you're interested in download numbers I can say that with almost zero marketing effort on my part these games are performing about as expected - i.e. around 1 or 2 downloads a day each.

What is interesting to me is that Slope Rider Free still gets around 10 a day. I'd love to know how people are finding it.
Quote this message in a reply
Fun graphics! I'll definitely try them out.

Will you try some cross promotion with Slope Rider?

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Thanks Karl!

Cross promotion would seem like a good idea but from what I've read from other indies they get very little out of it. It would be interesting to try but I'll probably move onto the next game instead.
⌘-R in Chief
They look great! Congrats on shipping!
Thanks Seth!

Treasure Run had been sitting in a 95% complete state for about a year. I wanted to do much more with it but have some other projects in mind so thought I may as well finish it off and release it. I'd still love to come back to it one day.
⌘-R in Chief
Did you do the artwork?

(The skull and cross bones at the bottom right of the Football Runner screenshot make me think that might have been a carry over from Treasure Run Wink)
Yep, the artwork is all mine and the main driver for me wanting to do a pirate themed platformer.

Yeah I gave myself a deadline on reskinning Treasure Run for Football Runner so some elements didn't get redone in time! Wink
I mentioned on Twitter already but I love the pixels in these games Smile

Unfortunately getting only a few downloads a day is pretty typical without constant promotion. Even then it's tough - cross promoting the free version of Critter Panic in dEXTRIS (with ~100K daily users) gets me barely 50 downloads a day. The rest of my freebies do <10 a day and my paid games do considerably worse Wink I'm dreading the day the dEXTRIS features run out!
Thanks Frank! I definitely appreciated the RTs. Smile

Yup, pretty much what I expected from downloads but I'm happy to have the games out anyway. Just makes me even more curious as to how people find Slope Rider Free given that I do no promotion whatsoever.
Yeah hard to say where downloads come from but it could be from App Store search results or old reviews/mentions that show up in Google searches.

Will be nice to see some actual page view and referrer stats when Apple finally rolls out the new iTunes analytics.
Very cool! I just downloaded Football Runner and 5 starred it Grin I gotta keep you in mind for any future pixel art game projects. (There are some jumps that seem impossible though.)

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
Aww thanks Casey! Grin I've been meaning to download Star Saver so I'll do so tonight and return the favour!

All the jumps are possible - but you will need to tap and hold for the bigger jumps.

And definitely drop me a line if you ever need some pixel art! I don't get to make anywhere near as much as I'd like.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pirates Treasure Spin - The Game Asylum's First Title TheGameAsylum 0 1,445 Jun 25, 2010 03:09 PM
Last Post: TheGameAsylum