Indie Game: Rolling Dog

Apprentice
[Image: 8092596746_890e496751.jpg]

Hi there! I'm Hypermike, game artist for Spotcat Studio. (http://www.spotcatstudio.com).
I'm kinda new here and just posted this so if anyone would notice or would like to know and
I am hoping for some support too from the community.

For the past month we've been searching for a publisher who would help us fund and publish this game. Since we're not a very financially stable team. (no, kickstarter is not an option because we're not from the US)

But with no luck of any publisher in accepting it, we decided to self publish and make this ourselves since we really like the concept.

I would like to share the game we're currently developing for Android and iOS, it's called Rolling Dog

here is the concept art for this game:
[Image: 8092594570_9cd44a744a.jpg]

at first, we made mockups:
[Image: 8092591389_aa86c25b78.jpg]
[Image: 8092597976_85e6b90187.jpg]

and then now work in progress windows screenshot:

[Image: 8092594858_77a6e5c385.jpg]

It's running really well in the android and iOS devices too at about 60fps
We're using unity as our main game engine.

hopefully we release the initial game in iOS and android soon.
Mac and Desktop may be an option but for later.

Comments, impressions, suggestions, and moral support are welcome

Currently we're optimizing the mobile framework
I will update this weekly on what's been happening with our development.

Thank you very much for your time viewing! Smile
Quote this message in a reply
Apprentice
Update!!!

We decided to change and not limit the game to just the dog characters.

Players can now play choosing the pet they want to control Smile

Here's the concept art of some of the many pets that could be part of the game:

[Image: 8118662155_7634557114.jpg]

Again the art style is very loose and sketchy, this will be very predominant in the entire game and the levels. Smile

What do you think? With these we will also update the title of the game. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much for looking!!!
Apprentice
A little sharing...

Since we'll add more characters in the game, there will be a little revision in the story,
I'll be sharing the original planned storyboard of this game:

Here is the original story introduction sequence:
[Image: 8121355231_d4f6d01894.jpg]
[Image: 8121355117_bef98435eb.jpg]
[Image: 8121354989_e6d41ba094.jpg]
[Image: 8121354873_b7d9b5ca36.jpg]

Maybe we'll revise the story in the way the alien wants more pets for himself... What do you think?

I hope you enjoyed these.

Thanks for viewing! Smile
Looks pretty cool! I'm curious about how the gameplay works. I can infer some things from the mockups and screenshot you posted, but don't quite have a clear picture of how it plays.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I can't figure out what animal is in the "other pets" drawing between the panda and the duck. Hamster? Different breed of dog? Fox? Others are clear enough, but this one could be just about anything.
Apprentice
(Oct 25, 2012 07:55 AM)ThemsAllTook Wrote:  Looks pretty cool! I'm curious about how the gameplay works. I can infer some things from the mockups and screenshot you posted, but don't quite have a clear picture of how it plays.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I can't figure out what animal is in the "other pets" drawing between the panda and the duck. Hamster? Different breed of dog? Fox? Others are clear enough, but this one could be just about anything.

The game's a puzzle platformer, whose goal is to lead the pup/cub to a safer place. Smile

Yea, thanks for the output. I guess that's the hamster hehe... good thing i need to redo the design since it's still unclear what animal is that. Thanks! Grin
Apprentice
Hi! Hope everyone is safe and having fun this Halloween! My prayers to those who are affected in the last calamity in the east coast of the US.

A little update with our project!

[Image: file.php?id=2460]

Been working this past few days on the animation of the other characters and the new level art.
Also some UI like the level select screen and splash screens.
I also redesigned the hamster, it looked quite lame at the first concept art.

Being a sole artist of this project (since we dont have extra hand right now, we're still open for publishers or investors who would like to fund us though) It's been taking quite a while to finish all the animations alone. But I must do my best. Smile

On the programming side, we made sure the game is adaptable to all screen resolutions we need to target, so all platforms are covered already. Smile

Here are some of the screens and updates!
[Image: 8141090231_a192f74636.jpg]

Again, thanks for viewing guys! Hope you continue to follow our little game here! Smile

Have a blessed and fun season of spooks! >Smile
Great artwork, you've got some really fun looking characters!

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
Apprentice
@AndyKorth Thanks! Smile
Apprentice
Hi!

Finally, I have captured and cut a short clip of the gameplay of our first prototype...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg8o-UQbHRw

warning: the music is a bit loud... sorry about that

This is taken from the first prototype... I don't have the current build and we fixed some errors there so yeah, at least you got the idea of how the gameplay works Smile

Thanks for viewing!
Apprentice
Hi! To help us in production of this game we started a campaign in Indiegogo!

Please have a look and support our game!

http://igg.me/p/270594?a=1716868

Thank you!!!