Ludum Dare 25 - December 14-17

Hey guys,

The Ludum Dare #25 Competition and Jams are starting in 12 days! Make a game yourself in 48 hours for the competition or get 72 hours to work together and make something for the jam.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/

Alex
Quote this message in a reply
Setting aside time specifically for this. I've skipped out on enough game jams lately that it's time to actually do one and make something cool. Thanks for the reminder!
OneSadCookie and I worked hard on a game, but didn't quite have enough time to get it all done. It's kind of a cool little toy, at least. I'm hoping to come back and finish it sometime in the coming week or so.

http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dar...&uid=15321

Art by OSC, code by me
Nice job! I love games that are set in really serious, boring, real-world scenarios that let you cause havoc in them. It's the safe way to cause some mischief without anybody really getting inconvenienced or hurt Smile

A big reason why I loved Harry the Handsome Executive was because it was set in a real office building. The later levels with aliens were much less interesting to me.

Keep going on this! What are the main things you want to add?

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Thanks! First priority of course is to get it to basically work as a game - there are animations for successful mischief and for getting caught in the act, but they don't have an actual effect on gameplay yet. The idea is that you're trying to annoy your coworkers without getting caught and without getting fired. The gauge that fills up when you're in your own office is your productivity, and you need to get it to full before the end of the day in order not to get fired. So, the risk-reward is that you need to leave your office to cause mischief, which would get you...points, I guess? We hadn't quite gotten to that yet.

The concept was kept pretty simple to keep the scope down for the 72-hour jam (though not quite simple enough, apparently!), and although I can think of loads of stuff to add, I don't really want to go nuts on it. Mostly just getting things to work as they were intended, and tuning and balancing it to actually be some fun to play. Keith did most of the game design, so he might have some thoughts on this too...
Luminary
Mostly what I feel is missing is a bit more gamification and clarity of purpose, and a lot of balancing the challenge.

Still, I'm pretty proud of what we accomplished in the time, and especially of my art. I'm not an artist, and I haven't really done any pixel art since the mid-90s.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ludum Dare 29 sealfin 1 1,381 May 6, 2014 12:30 AM
Last Post: funkboy
  Mini Ludum Dare 50 sealfin 0 926 Mar 21, 2014 06:30 PM
Last Post: sealfin
  Mini Ludum Dare 49 sealfin 0 1,047 Feb 21, 2014 05:00 PM
Last Post: sealfin
  Mini Ludum Dare 48 sealfin 1 1,437 Jan 13, 2014 12:06 AM
Last Post: funkboy
  Ludum Dare 28 sealfin 0 871 Dec 13, 2013 07:03 PM