Macintosh UML Tools for Game Dev?

The title says it all: I'm looking for some solid UML tools for coordinating game development for the Mac platform. Preferably free. Any experience and / or suggestions?

Thanks!

"Who's John Galt?"
Quote this message in a reply
DoG
DON'T DO IT!

Actually, it depends on which parts of UML you want to use, but until I know more, I'll stick with that.
The only OS X-specific one I know of is OmniGraffle. Though, it's not free and is more of a general graphing app than just UML.

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UML_tools
DoG Wrote:...it depends on which parts of UML you want to use, but until I know more, I'll stick with that.

I am interested in developing specifications for objects to be programmed by multiple programmers in an effort to minimize development time and maximize usability of key game components. I am interested in using UML to specify the interfaces needed for each component. I am working with a small (4-man) team, but the project is relatively large in scope, and needs to be written and documented in a professional manner, and should be built in a manner that supports future extension (ie, clean interfaces and well-documented objects and functionality).

"Who's John Galt?"
DoG
I tend to suggest that writing the actual APIs, then using doxygen to generate class diagrams from the headers, and additionally use omnigraffle if you need stuff like sequence or use case diagrams. The whole of UML is unnecessarily large and bloated, and if you program for the mac, you have practically no tools that can generate code from the diagrams anyway, so it's pointless to stick to it by the letter.
Interesting. That's a valuable perspective - thank you.

"Who's John Galt?"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Mega Mac List of Game related tools Oddity007 9 12,009 Dec 5, 2012 12:13 AM
Last Post: mercy^4
  Any good game making tools? Sambo110 7 7,912 Jul 5, 2007 12:28 AM
Last Post: KnightRaider