Remember Space Barrage? Snowball? (Space Barrage Beta)

Hi all. I've been away from this forum for a long time, but this is where my game development really started so I wanted to alert anyone who may remember my old uDevGames entry, Snowball, and my 21 Days Later Vectorized entry Space Barrage contest entries.

As an iOS game, Space Barrage Arcade is the first to get to beta testing and I'm looking for a couple dedicated testers if anyone is interested.

First, you'll need to know that the low end is currently: iPod 5th generation or iPhone 4S or iPad 2. Anything above that should be great.

Second, it should look interesting to you if you are going to spend time testing so here's a description and an image:

Quote:Wage infinite explosive war against waves of robotic space ships with nothing but a few overstuffed shuttles and some hacked-together weapons and energy shields. If you can't enclose your missile launchers in a pool of energy you will be rushed and destroyed so you must puzzle-together a surrounding defense from shield fragments.

Once you grow accustomed to the overwhelming intensity and mass destruction, there are achievements and leader boards for highest score and farthest stage reached. Go for it, Captain.
[Image: sba_collage_927.jpg]

Third, it might interest you to know that the control method is rather novel and probably different from most games you've tried before. It's also very accurate.

Last, you should know we are a very small team and this is our first time getting this far into development. Also, to start with we'd like to try and sell it. No ads. No IAP.

Still interested? If you're serious about helping apply to get onto our team at TestFlight using this link:
http://tflig.ht/1fDnynO

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." - Wizard of Oz
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
Hey! Welcome back Aaron! It's nice to see a familiar face. Not so nice for my iPhone to be considered "low end". LOL

While I don't have the time for serious beta testing, it would be nice to see what you're working on. The description has me intrigued. Still a ways off from "public" video?
Thanks. It's been a looong time. We're planning on a video probably in the next week and the beta shouldn't be too long either.

Applied - iPhone 4S & iPad 3, although the iPad is still on iOS 6 and will be for a while.

I think I still have a copy of the contest version of Snowball somewhere Smile
Space Barrage is now released on the store!.
There's a Facebook page here for more info.

There was a recent update (1.0.1) to fix a silly bug and we are working on the next update.

PowerMacX did you get on the beta? If so I couldn't tell by the name.

⌘-R in Chief
(Dec 30, 2013 05:23 PM)aaronsullivan Wrote:  PowerMacX did you get on the beta? If so I couldn't tell by the name.

Yes, remember the 4S aspect ratio, font kerning, fast mouse pointer, game music playing over iPod music, no game center? That was me Wink
Ah, great! You've been very helpful! I was going to guess which testflight person you were and I would have been right. Wink

We switched to a new font internally, btw. It's looking much nicer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Yildiz: New 3D RTS space game yildiz89 31 13,898 Jun 19, 2014 01:25 PM
Last Post: yildiz89
  Wildy Jimi Space WildyJimi 0 439 May 7, 2014 06:25 AM
Last Post: WildyJimi
  Weapon Targeting Systems for Space Craft gooncorp 1 1,859 Dec 14, 2012 10:41 AM
Last Post: SethWillits
  HTML5 Space Maze (Beta) - for Review saiy2k 2 3,918 Sep 16, 2012 08:22 AM
Last Post: saiy2k
  3D Flying Space Dog fight Shooter: Play Beta sellardwellar 2 4,429 Apr 19, 2012 06:41 PM
Last Post: skyhawk