dEXTRIS (iOS)

Just released my second game of the year (I'm on a roll Grin) it's a simple dodge'm up but so far people seem to like it Blush

Check it out on the App Store, it's free (shows the occasional ad):
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id844153422?mt=8
Quote this message in a reply
Sweet! Love (Although I like it, I suck at it – my highest score so far is a pretty pathetic 63 Blush)

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Don't be so hard on yourself. Anything over 50 is an accomplishment! Grin
Already tweeted at you today Smile but very nice! Curious how the free will pan out in the long term versus your paid games, I'd love to hear back from you in a few months with how it works out!

Alex
I don't know about long term but it's doing great so far. Hit the top 10 free today Grin
88! LOL

Also, a (very) minor bug report: on a third generation iPod touch running iOS 5.1.1 dEXTRIS runs (very) nicely... except that the Game Center integration doesn't completely function – data is uploaded from dEXTRIS, and is viewable in the Game Center app, but isn't viewable in dEXTRIS (screenshot) Huh

(I'm pretty sure that the issue isn't with the iPod touch or the version of iOS it is running, as other apps' integration with Game Center seems to function.)

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Brilliant! I am not usually one for these super simple "pocket" games, but this one is perfect. It seems Tron inspired.
@sealfin I've had one other report of that, but it was in iOS 7. I'm pretty sure Game Center worked fine on my 1st gen iPad with 5.1.1 (closest config to yours I can test) but that was probably the sandbox last time I ran it on that. Anyway, I got this in my bug tracker and will investigate further.

@AnotherJake Cheers Smile I don't think Tron crossed my mind when making it, but once I started on the sound fx all I could think of was lightsabers Wink
115! Take that!

Have yet to play with audio on but I like it.