looking for the forum rule - T.T can't find it

Apprentice
Isn't there a forum rule thread somewhere? I ve spent quite a bit time to look for it and no where to be found 0.0
Quote this message in a reply
teamSkyfish Wrote:Isn't there a forum rule thread somewhere?

Not that I know of; maybe another moderator knows better, but the only thread pertaining to forum rules that I know of is the sticky in the Work in Progress forum stating the game announcement/spam policy...

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Apprentice
ooo! I see. that link was helpful. Thank you sealfin.

Sorry forgot to ask this also. I am a Nibbie as you can see ^.^ . Can I post the game we were working on with promo codes in the announcement section for community members to try? is there a rule against to that? is there another section that I need to be aware of?
Announcements is for games that have been released in the app store, but if you really want help from the community and don't want it so much as just an advertisement, the Work in Progress section would be fine too. We can move anything after the fact if you put it in the wrong place.

I think the announcements section has a restriction that you have to have at least five posts. That rule was put in place because we had lots of folks come by the forum just to announce their game, then never return. It was getting kind of ridiculous since we focus on development here. Since traffic has died down since then it's not a terribly big deal anymore. I would not be upset if you posted a few bogus posts here to get over that restriction Wink
Apprentice
Thank you AnotherJake. I'll wait till wednesday to kindly "spam" your Announcements section since our release will be tomorrow. I think that kinda gives away how we found this forum . I would like to add some promo codes to it as well if its ok with you. Since this is our first ever game, we always looking for feedback (not just from gamers) but from senior game developers as well.

I just hope that we can give something back to community. We have noticed this quite late due to our inexperience but as far as we know now there are only handful number of forums which is active in a sense that you can talk about your game.
Promo codes are no problem. The only thing I can think of off-hand that we do not support is anything that goes against Apple's agreements. That means no jail-break stuff, or anything that breaks any NDAs we know about.

In terms of activity, this forum has basically become a ghost town. It was healthy for over a decade, but it seems the iOS thing finally burned people out. The iOS game market has overwhelmingly become too difficult to penetrate at this point, so I wish you guys the best of luck.
Apprentice
Thanks AnotherJake we definitely need that luck factor. I sort of know the feeling now finally after putting on the marketing hat. Its ridiculously tough out there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  PSA: Java exploit on an iOS dev forum PowerMacX 3 5,468 Feb 24, 2013 10:11 AM
Last Post: EvolPenguin
  Switch over the forum to myBB? Carlos Camacho 119 118,993 Feb 4, 2011 12:38 PM
Last Post: rgdot
  Forum Font Size AnotherJake 10 20,172 Dec 23, 2010 08:10 AM
Last Post: gnurf
  Can't find "new posts" feature in new forum software. I am about to start a riot. stevejohnson 10 13,776 Jul 30, 2010 07:46 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho
  Forum downtime 2/25-26 Carlos Camacho 4 7,266 Feb 27, 2010 10:56 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie