Developer Article: "What have you tried?"

kiwiMark Wrote:tl;dr can somebody give me a summary I want to know what it says.
LOLLOLLOL

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Quote this message in a reply
Nibbie
yeah, even though I'm still just starting to get a handle on programming for Mac/iPhone stuff I've seen that sort of attitude a lot. I'm not yet experienced enough to be answering most questions so really I dislike these posts because of the attitude it causes(the one held by a lot of posters here) where it dissuades them from trying to help out people. Its a philosophy of mine to never put code into a program that I don't understand because not only means that I can't change/modify it when I need to or fix it, but I haven't learned anything so on a similar project later I still would have to go begging for help.

Anyway, I guess my point is that there ARE some of us new guys out there trying to learn stuff who greatly value actual assistance more experienced programmers provide on online forums/ blogs/ etc. So I wanted hop out from my normal lurking mode to say "thanks" and I hope that you don't let the jerks out there stop you from your accumulated wisdom.
-Alex
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  No One Cares About Your Game Idea - Article EvolPenguin 2 4,087 Dec 5, 2011 02:05 PM
Last Post: Boaz
  Why you should use OpenGL and not DirectX : article AnotherJake 35 16,141 Feb 1, 2010 12:57 PM
Last Post: SethWillits
  Article on Top 100 Independent Games kodex 1 3,025 Jun 27, 2008 06:51 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho
  Huge Article on Atari Arcade Games SethWillits 6 4,133 Jun 7, 2008 06:24 PM
Last Post: Duane
  OpenGL 3.0 Article kodex 2 2,979 May 16, 2008 01:06 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie