Apple Developer Account Question

Hey guys,

I just posted a question and had another question that wasn't directly related, hence the second topic. I'm very interested in creating a company around mobile games and applications. As I'm just starting out, I haven't created the company (legally or name for that matter).

When I publish a game to the App Store, can I choose how they represent me? I don't want them to say, "Developed by: Achithyn" or "Developed by: Dustin Tigner." I'd like them to use my company name. Is that something I can change after I register to become a developer? Also, can I register to be a developer before owning an iPod Touch or iPhone?

Any guidance on this matter would be most appreciated. Thanks!

~Achi
Quote this message in a reply
Achithyn Wrote:When I publish a game to the App Store, can I choose how they represent me? I don't want them to say, "Developed by: Achithyn" or "Developed by: Dustin Tigner." I'd like them to use my company name. Is that something I can change after I register to become a developer?

Yea, you can pick your company name, but it has to be the same for all your products and you can't really change it once it's been picked. I forget when exactly in the process you select the name. I believe it's when you submit your first app to the App Store.

I'm registered as a developer under my real name, but on the App Store I'm "Killer Robots".

Quote:Also, can I register to be a developer before owning an iPod Touch or iPhone?

Yea, as long as you have an Intel Mac to run Xcode and the iPhone simulator. You'll of course want to get a real iPod touch or iPhone for testing before final release. Smile
Thanks for the reply Bachus! I went ahead and registered as a developer. Through the process it asked me if I was a company. Unfortunately, I don't have an actual company yet and didn't want to make anything official. With this, I've decided to submit my apps under my name for the time being. If I need to, I'll register a new account once I have an official company.

Anyway, thanks for your reply!

~Achi