Why does Apple do nothing against illegal iPhone app piracy?

Apprentice
I am interested in pirating a modified version of a game of mine myself for advertisement purposes.. (before any cracker does)

I think this will disrupt their routine because mostly they don't crack again things already cracked?

How would I configure XCode so that those pirates could install the game on their devices?
Quote this message in a reply
Aboqa Wrote:I am interested in pirating a modified version of a game of mine myself for advertisement purposes.. (before any cracker does)

I think this will disrupt their routine because mostly they don't crack again things already cracked?

How would I configure XCode so that those pirates could install the game on their devices?

That's an interesting idea. I wonder if that'd violate any terms of any agreements we typically have with Apple as iPhone developers though.
Apprentice
I hope not Wink After some startups i would basicly open the appstore link to the full version or fall back to a lite version... that can't be against apples developer agreement?

I think I just have to take my .app folder (release) modify the Info.plist as crackers normally do and wrap it in an IPA. But my question is would that work since they have to decode it from a iphone when they normally crack it?

So is there any difference in the end result between my described method and the standard cracker method? If yes how can i get equal results without having a jailbroken iphone.

Also i would be interested if crackers have already started not to simply modify the Info.plist but the binarys as well to evade manually implemented copy protection?
kodex Wrote:My AIM/Yahoo links work and are almost always online, you can also email me through my website dragonforged.com

Kodex, I sent you an email (about this thread) using your website. Did you receive it?

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My First iPhone Game Release - Apple Basket iphoneappfan 0 2,289 Apr 4, 2010 03:27 AM
Last Post: iphoneappfan
  About piracy, web services and subscription payment. riruilo 3 2,843 Feb 28, 2010 02:20 PM
Last Post: AndyKorth
  iPhone piracy raising 95% riruilo 19 7,268 Feb 11, 2010 06:28 PM
Last Post: Kerome