sharing files between apps

Is there away that two different iPhone Apps can share a file? For instance, a directory where both apps have read/write access?
Thanks for any info.
Quote this message in a reply
No. The closest thing to this is browser cache sharing (which Facebook uses to remember your Facebook login status across different apps).

Everyone's favourite forum lurker!
https://github.com/NSError
Sage
Yes and no. You can't do it with a file, but there are some clever workarounds I've heard of though.

I think you can use the keychain to store small information that you can get at from multiple apps. You can also put some data into the pasteboard and then invoke another application by it's URL handler. Lastly you can put the data into an image in the user's photo list and read it back out in another app. You can layer this information on top of a real image too by only putting a few bits of data into each pixel.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Unfortunately, I really need proper file sharing Sad
Thanks for the answers anyway

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  (just sharing) C++ to Objective-C callbacks godexsoft 0 3,260 Apr 11, 2012 06:37 PM
Last Post: godexsoft
  Sharing uniforms across shader programs iamflimflam1 4 4,173 Sep 3, 2010 12:25 PM
Last Post: Frogblast
  Hi everyOne ,3D and other knowledge sharing priyankranka 2 2,610 Feb 1, 2009 10:41 PM
Last Post: priyankranka