YouTube video embedded in page not showing on iPhone

I've put up a YouTube video on the Slope Rider homepage, but when I view this page on an iPhone the embed shows up as a big white play button with a cross through it. The original .mov file was compressed with H.264 as it is supposed to be. Any clues as to why this would be?
Quote this message in a reply
Can you play it in the Youtube app? If not, it probably hasn't converted yet.

Youtube can take a few days to convert uploaded videos to all formats, so you might just have to wait. I *think* that the source video codec is irrelevant.
maximile Wrote:Can you play it in the Youtube app? If not, it probably hasn't converted yet.

Youtube can take a few days to convert uploaded videos to all formats, so you might just have to wait. I *think* that the source video codec is irrelevant.

Ah okay. No it can't play in the YouTube app either. So maybe I just have to wait. How annoying since I uploaded a new version of the video this morning trying to fix it after doing the original last night! Now I'll have to wait longer.

Thanks for the info maximile.
It takes 48-72 hours for a video to become available on the iPhone. Make sure you do the HD trick to link in the high def version while you are at it.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
kodex Wrote:It takes 48-72 hours for a video to become available on the iPhone. Make sure you do the HD trick to link in the high def version while you are at it.

Well there wasn't an HD version to begin with, since I had to record it on a point-and-shoot digital camera which doesn't record video at very high quality. In my move to the UK I left behind my fireware cable for my digital video camera so I'm going to get a new one and record a higher quality video soon. What dimensions does it need to be for HD on YouTube?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  facebook page for my app? aerospaceman 6 10,140 Aug 21, 2012 01:32 AM
Last Post: jaydenharris98
  How much can I stuff in to video ram? (on iPhone/iPod touch) Jamie W 9 9,924 Aug 6, 2010 05:23 AM
Last Post: mariocaprino
  XCode 3.2.3 debugger only showing assembler issue Madrayken 7 6,354 Jul 28, 2010 10:28 AM
Last Post: Skorche
  Tip: Playing non-fullscreen video on the iPhone igalic 0 2,449 Jan 5, 2010 05:40 AM
Last Post: igalic
  Getting video of an iPhone app Vinnie 10 5,356 Oct 28, 2009 11:16 AM
Last Post: GhostDog