Which Deployment Target to Use?

I've been doing some searching and all I can find are old stats, what are the current adoption rates of the OS for game buying users? I am not using any fancy OS features so should I just target OS 2.0?
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
I wouldn't bother with OS 2.0 to be honest. Apple seems to be going out of their way a bit to continue developing for 2.0 and the userbase is only a few percent at this point. If they aren't willing to pay $5 for a software update to 3.0 when most apps require it now, they are pretty unlikely to buy your game either.

If for no other reason, I would target 3.1 simply to get access to CADisplayLink. It helped smooth out the framerates in our games considerably and seems to reduce the input buffering that happens on the iPhone for whatever reason.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Hmm, I haven't heard of CADisplayLink, yay learning new things!
Alex
I think CADisplayLink is what they use in the new OpenGL ES template by default don't they? Anyway, I've been using it, but it didn't noticeably change much in terms of performance, although I didn't really have any problems with the timer either.
You can still compile for OS 2.0 and support CADisplayLink if the user has OS 3.1 or later, the samples do this by default.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what iPhone device versions to target for physics based games? mixedup 3 1,624 Sep 30, 2013 01:22 PM
Last Post: mawigator
  Xcode 4 Build Failure on iPhone target SparkyNZ 2 7,364 Apr 7, 2011 02:48 AM
Last Post: SparkyNZ
  "Target terminated too early to collect data" Madrayken 0 2,334 Jul 28, 2009 09:50 AM
Last Post: Madrayken