Where do I find an iPod game developer for hire?

Nibbie
I've had this idea for this simple but addicting game for years. The iPod's controls -- the touch wheel (or whatever the technical term is for it) -- makes it the perfect platform for playing it. I am not a developer but this game is so simple in concept that somebody who knows what they are doing could probably build it in a day.

Are there any sites where developers for hire post their rates that anyone could direct me to?

Thanks.

EriterRick
Quote this message in a reply
For instance
http://forums.toucharcade.com/index.php

Do not forget ideas are worthless and iPhone developers know it.
The SDK for the iPod (excluding the iPod Touch) is not available to the public. You're very unlikely to be able to get your game published for it. You'll have a much better chance targeting the iPhone and iPod Touch.
It's highly unlikely that you're going to earn something with a game which only takes one day to develop.
As others have said the iPod is not an open platform, you will have to contact Apple directly and pitch the idea. However you can develop for the iPod Touch and iPhone.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
jaguard Wrote:It's highly unlikely that you're going to earn something with a game which only takes one day to develop.
Very few worthwhile applications are made in one day. Some simple utilities are, the kind with almost no user interface and a fairly straightforward functionality. A very, very simple game can be made in one day, but not if it should be visually pleasing and well tested.

By all means go ahead and implement your idea, it may be great, but I am afraid that there are always complications, everything costs more and takes longer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  how did you promote your game as an Indie developer? aerospaceman 15 19,918 Today 07:44 AM
Last Post: teamSkyfish
  developer for a new game idea josze 1 5,755 Oct 15, 2012 07:52 PM
Last Post: izdane
  Interview with a ios game developer App-Pro 0 2,536 May 28, 2012 03:29 PM
Last Post: App-Pro
  My game apparently requires iPod touch 2nd gen. Why? alerus 6 5,436 Dec 28, 2009 08:20 PM
Last Post: alerus
  What’s your favorite iPhone and iPod touch application/game dimitri8620 3 3,980 Nov 23, 2009 12:00 AM
Last Post: Orlendez