Open-Sourced Wolfenstein for iPhone

Have you guys seen this? I just downloaded the source, and I can't believe it. It doesn't build for me out of the box because it's missing some GLimp stuff -- whatever that is. Must investigate later. Doesn't appear to be on the app store yet. Am I hallucinating? The source looks like the real deal so far.
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
Just comment out the two function calls and it runs fine.

The controls are kinda... meh. You move really slowly.
Awesome, thanks! I was busy reading "dear diary" and the other release notes. I wish I could find it on the App Store so I could pay my dues!

Thanks John! ... wherever you are. Wink

Yeah, I was just reading about his decisions on the controls and other little modifications to the gameplay. Good read. Darnit, I had other stuff to do tomorrow...
Sage
Four days, yeah that's about right.

Id has given away their Quake/2/3 engines as well. You can get them running pretty easily too.
arekkusu Wrote:Four days, yeah that's about right.

Smart A$$... Rasp

I knew about Q2, and had seen Q3 in a video already. I'm just pumped that JC himself is on the bandwagon [and sharing]. Smile
Nibbie
Wolfenstein! Man this brings back a lot of my young-boy-playing-games-til-the-wee-hours times memories. So is this for real???
Apprentice
iphonedeveloper07 Wrote:Wolfenstein! Man this brings back a lot of my young-boy-playing-games-til-the-wee-hours times memories. So is this for real???

I remember playing this on my DOS when I got my first 1GM computer. Good times for sure.