All of the sudden my device is not provisioned properly

I've been coding merrily along. After a reboot, I can no longer use the device (just the simulator).

Surely provisioning an iPhone for use as a dev target should survive a reboot. Any idea what might have gone wrong?
Quote this message in a reply
The checklist I use:

Make sure your profile is set in the project info.

Make sure you're not overwriting it in the target info.

Make sure it matches the app ID.

If none of those work, right click on your project in the finder, select "Show package contents." Open the pbxproj file in a plain text editor, and double check that your provisioning profile ID is correct in there. Sometimes, even though Xcode will say you have one profile selected, there will be something totally different in the pbxproj file.

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian
Don't panic, it's normal for the whole system to go bonkers and stop building for the device at some random point. It usually happens to me when I really need it to work in a time crunch. Wink

In addition to JustinFic's advice, I assume you mean you rebooted your computer. Have you tried rebooting the device too?
I disconnected the device and reconnected it.

Tomorrow morning I'll go through the certificate rigamarole again and keep Justin's list at hand. By the way, I love your website Justin.
Nosredna Wrote:I disconnected the device and reconnected it.

You need to actually shut the device off and then turn it back on again. Connect/reconnect isn't enough.
AnotherJake Wrote:You need to actually shut the device off and then turn it back on again. Connect/reconnect isn't enough.

Well son of a gun. You're good. VERY good.
Hehe... Just lots of prior hair-pulling. Wink
If all else fails don't forget to sacrifice a goat to your iTunes god of choice.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Jumping into a new platform is always scary. But it's nice to have the internet to ask around. A key difference between now and 20 years ago.
Here I am again.

Trying to work through the Submission process.

I realized that I've changed the name of my game along the way, and my developer certificate only knows the old name.

How do I set up a new project with a new name? Can I still use my original developer cert that's in my keychain? Or do I need to start over with a new certification.

I must admit that the process is pretty intimidating. As I work through the steps it sometimes feels like I'm about to be asked a trick question while crossing a bridge looking for the holy grail.
The trick here is to put a "*" after the name in the certificate and then never think about it again.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
kodex Wrote:The trick here is to put a "*" after the name in the certificate and then never think about it again.

Yeah, I think you're right. I should have done that. Can I do that now, after having already created two specific ones?

I seem to have it worked out. I hope.

Man, that submission process was grueling. Did it give anyone else mad armpit sweat?
Nosredna Wrote:Yeah, I think you're right. I should have done that. Can I do that now, after having already created two specific ones?

I seem to have it worked out. I hope.

Man, that submission process was grueling. Did it give anyone else mad armpit sweat?

You don't really get use to it but it does become numbing after a while. I would imagine it feels the same as freezing to death.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  UIColor colorWithPatternImage not tiling properly on non-retina iPad funkboy 3 2,503 Feb 19, 2013 10:56 PM
Last Post: funkboy