Rapid iPhone Game Dev

Nibbie
Hi,

I am a VB and Java programmer who wants to develop a 3D iphone game within a year.

I have NO experience in developing games / iphone apps / 3D art and animation / C++ / Xcode or Objective C / Open GL.

I am thinking about purchasing a 3D iPhone game engine. I am thinking of purchasing 3D assets. Reading some Objective C/XCode/OpenGL books. Combining the above to create my game.

I have given myself one year whilst working fulltime so I will be doing this part time! Is this possible? Am I on the right track? If not, how can I speed things up?

Please help. Thanks.
Adam
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
http://unity3d.com/unity/features/iphone...shing.html sounds like it is for you.

It uses Mono, so you can program in C#. That should feel pretty at home to a Java programmer. It supposed to be a pretty awesome tool for 3D game development.

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
The iphone uses OpenGL ES (embedded systems), atleast, thats what i've learned LOL and if you have no experience with OpenGL its gonna be harder just learning from ground up Sad
It is not unreasonable at all to set this goal.

Figuring you work 40 hours a week and you want to give yourself 20 hours a week to learn to program for the iphone.

Take a month and learn C and see if you really want to go ahead with your goal. Once you have C down pick up Obj-C. The best thing to do is give yourself small milestones. Pickup a C book and set a goal of a chapter a night or something of that sort.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter