New and a Newb

Nibbie
Hi,

So I am a complete newcomer to the world of programming language, but I am very interested in learning how to make a simple 2d iphone game. iI plan to program games using objective-c. First let me say, I refuse o read any books, and for those of you who would tell me to don;t bother. Grin

For everyone else, do you have any advice on either tutorials or xcode templates or whatever that could help me?
Quote this message in a reply
If you refuse to read any books on the subject but want to learn how to write games you may be out of luck.

You can try looking at source code on developer.apple.com but I suggest that you review your hesitation to read and come back and ask us for book suggestions.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Nibbie
kodex Wrote:If you refuse to read any books on the subject but want to learn how to write games you may be out of luck.

You can try looking at source code on developer.apple.com but I suggest that you review your hesitation to read and come back and ask us for book suggestions.

I swear this is exactly the kind of response I was trying to avoid.

Ok, Ok, let me restate my first question. Does anybody know of a good objective-c game template to work off of. I learn by fiddling, so I'm looking for an open source iphone game to learn off of.
moser Wrote:Ok, Ok, let me restate my first question. Does anybody know of a good objective-c game template to work off of. I learn by fiddling, so I'm looking for an open source iphone game to learn off of.

Yes as mentioned above developer.apple.com, take a look at the Crash Landing source code.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Newb question. redrath2 4 4,503 Mar 8, 2012 09:41 AM
Last Post: redrath2
  Newb Question about Blender Liscensing Nyyark 2 3,076 Apr 17, 2007 08:35 PM
Last Post: Nyyark