mac mini simulator - slow frame rate

Apprentice
I have a mac mini - 1 Gig ram 1.8GHz ... the frame rate of my game runs about half speed compared to my 2G ipod touch. I know my mini isn't a powerhouse but I can't beleive it can't keep up with the ipod :/

Is there a setting that I'm missing? What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
"what could I be doing wrong?" - nothing is wrong - the simulator performance just has little relationship to that of the device. I've seen plenty of slowdowns as soon as I push opengl es - I assume the simulator has to emulate in software the opengl es operations that are only available on the device (or to make them behave the same)..
Sage
Please re-read the "Simulator Capabilities" section in "iPhone Application Programming Guide : Drawing with OpenGL ES", where this is explained.
Apprentice
aBabyRabbit Wrote:"what could I be doing wrong?" - nothing is wrong - the simulator performance just has little relationship to that of the device. I've seen plenty of slowdowns as soon as I push opengl es - I assume the simulator has to emulate in software the opengl es operations that are only available on the device (or to make them behave the same)..

If what you're saying is true, then that would explain a question I posted earlier. I thought this might be the case, just didn't hope that it would.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Frame rate issues markhula 7 6,461 Jan 15, 2011 09:47 AM
Last Post: markhula
  XML too slow, best way to go binary markhula 9 8,395 Jan 14, 2011 06:58 AM
Last Post: markhula
  Why is my iPad game so slow? Applewood 53 28,870 Jan 3, 2011 04:54 PM
Last Post: Applewood
  Frame Rate Consistency daveh84 4 3,702 May 4, 2010 12:19 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  emulator slow when rendering from a second thread captainfreedom 1 2,920 Jan 30, 2010 05:05 PM
Last Post: ChrisD