Any OpenGL ES book will do?

Nibbie
So if iPhone implements OpenGL ES, can I just go grab any OpenGL ES book and use it for reference or is the iPhone support a subset of OpenGL ES?

Does anyone have a recommendation for an OpenGL ES book they use for iPhone programming?
Quote this message in a reply
The iPhone uses OGL ES 1.1. It matches the standard so any 1.1 book would do.

Personally, I didn't buy any books. I just stuck with my trusty red book and downloaded the official Khronos spec for ES 1.1. That plus NeHe, Apple sample code, and Google is usually enough.
codepunk Wrote:So if iPhone implements OpenGL ES, can I just go grab any OpenGL ES book and use it for reference or is the iPhone support a subset of OpenGL ES?

Does anyone have a recommendation for an OpenGL ES book they use for iPhone programming?

I've bought the 'Red Book': OpenGL Programming Guide
and 'Advanced Graphics Programming Using OpenGL'.

And I've downloaded from Kronos this pdf:
OpenGL ES - Common/Common-Lite Profile Specification
Version 1.1.10 (Difference Specification) (Annotated)

I didn't find any OpenGL ES 1.1 book. The one that is out there touches OpenGL ES 2.0 which is TOTALLY different than GL ES 1.1, so don't buy this one.
Same here. I learned OpenGL first. Learning the differences between 2.1 and ES isn't that hard, really. If you know 2.1, you know ES. You just have to figure out what you can/can't do. There are a couple extra features in ES, but nothing that's essential to know, only helpful.