Reviewers and designers needed for iDG

Founder
I have requested some books for review related to the iPhone. I'm keen to request further books for review for our site. If there is a title that you have been eyeing that is related to development, please email me your desire to review the book. Include your full name, address, email, ISBN, title of book and publisher. Obviously I am not looking for a complete newbie to ask me to send them Foundations of Advance Superduper Development.

Next, I'd like to ask members who have artistic ability to provide me mockups of some parts of our site. I'd like to improve the menu (sidebar) section, and the landing pages for the various categories we have (ie reviews, articles, etc) Any other mockups are welcomed.

idevgames @@ gmail.com

Thanks,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
I did do a rough mockup a few days ago. I didn't play with the main content area at all (with exception of adding the orange); It's just filler. Sidebar on the left is obviously bigger than it needs to be, right side isn't quite done etc, but you get the idea.

I wanted to take a few elements from the "classic" site, to evoke some emotion Rolleyes

[Image: iDevGamesMockupRough_75percent.png]

PS: I don't have artistic ability. Rasp
That looks sweet! The only thing I'm not sure about is the horizontal yellow bar. It's really attention getting but doesn't lead me to anything useful.
⌘-R in Chief
It devolved from having a ton of stuff in it to what it is now. A few things could go into it, but it's main purpose now is purely style and separation. The color can be tweaked a bit more to be no so bright, but I needed to get back to real work Rasp
Looks good, but you're missing the most important part: a forum link. Rasp
I think we have a purpose for the yellow bar? Smile
Alex
I think that looks pretty nice! I even like the yellow bar.
Personally, I think the yellow bar draws the eye too much to be so empty. My suggestion would be either to put the navigation stuff in drop down menus or change the color of the bar. Drop down menus have the added benefit of giving more space for the content and side-bar sections but reduce the visibility of the various sections of the site.
I've been thinking about it, and what about doing a little javascript to have a sort of tabbed navigation? Underneath the yellow bar you could have the sections that appear under one of the main sections (for features that would include articles, reviews, interviews, etc.) but when the visitor clicks on a section title to select it javascript hides those and shows the new stuff. Should be relatively simple javascript.