i have a gud idea!!!!

XXxxDarkDragonxxXX
Unregistered

hi gis.

i was coming hre to ask u wut uthink of the game i have been dizigning. i am sry also for my speling becuz i only hav my brother hoo is like 14 but i am 12 and he has more scool than me so this is my plan

- i want to have lots of players be able to get in and play
- i want to start everybody as simple 1 level in area for just noobs becuz i dont like big levels coming 2 kill u wen u have like nothink to defend urself with.
-than i want 2 hav lots of wepons to chuze from becuz it ads more varaity to the gameplay
- i need help with thegrfx and animations and the thingsthat tell who peple are from eachother

-omg i trid topost it and it loged me out so i will make dis short

- my bortherhas somecoing skils and hesays that is shudnt ask u all for it cuz uwont belive my ideabut i am aksing u anyway cuz it is gud
- i have theideas so but i will shar the prahfits with u cuz u help but i need to keep most becuz i has ideas but wi wills still make lots becuz its good i mean who i need to tlel u more abot it k

- den there will b monstrers in caves that u can attack but they wont attakck you unless u do it first to them cuz worlfs dont just attck u u have to instegate it. ok then i need gfx dan animationers to help wand make it look pretty but then we ned som dcoders wich is ok cuz my brother can help but hes14 so i dont want to make him really a lot of respondobilitys so i will hiresomeone better here u can be like my rite hand man (or girl do girls code i never herd of one but we need some girls cuz i also like boobies)
ok then what asls do we ened,

ok dunt worry about the laiyers cuz my friend hs a mom who is a loiyer so that is ok and i will take care of that but we do need a websit I can do some javascript too which i have from a book do you guys have sugestions about some resorses for infermasion on this cuz i can lern it 2 and help u with it, becuz this will be aesome!!!!
-inthe end u can will be able to be anything u want oh also this is a like starwars becuz you can have some force to use powers with but not alot cuz unlimited is bad. s othen youcan level up and get credits and you can work a djob to to ern money for ur things also have aspace and u can be your home there
omg i am so excited wut els du youneed to know? my aim is xxDarkDragonX and my msn is xxMasterDragon@msn.com

k can u help me start ? it will be cool. SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

ps i hav lots of red onmyt text and i dun no why but it must be a virus so if i dont respond 4 a wile i will be back k bye
Quote this message in a reply
Your satire is without subtlety. But I laughed anyway.

Will someone else see this as serious? It's like Poe's Law for game dev.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Nibbie
wha?......
Apprentice
If you want people to take you seriously, don't use lol cat speak on game development forums.

I have no idea if your idea is good, because I can't understand you.

XXxxDarkDragonxxXX Wrote:- den there will b monstrers in caves that u can attack but they wont attakck you unless u do it first to them cuz worlfs dont just attck u u have to instegate it. ok then i need gfx dan animationers to help wand make it look pretty but then we ned som dcoders wich is ok cuz my brother can help but hes14 so i dont want to make him really a lot of respondobilitys so i will hiresomeone better here u can be like my rite hand man (or girl do girls code i never herd of one but we need some girls cuz i also like boobies)

lolwut?
I think this is an attempt at satire.
Does this one qualify for a score?
WarHampster Wrote:If you want people to take you seriously, don't use lol cat speak on game development forums.

I have no idea if your idea is good, because I can't understand you.

lolwut?

Yep, there is a Poe's Law for game dev after all.

On to the scoring...
1. Doesn't know any programming
2. Wants someone else to do their programming
3. Has a "great idea"
4. Delusions of grandeur (better than WoW, etc)
6. Has "artist friends"
7. No up-front payment
8. Amusing royalties offered
9. Deficient English skills
BONUS POINTS:
-Subtract user's number of posts from 5. If positive, add to score.
Bonus here: 4

Final score for this post: 12! A new record! But I'll bump it to 13 for absolutely horrific spelling. Really terrible. Thirteen for you, sir, bravo.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Am I the only one who read that in the voice of Chief from Arby 'n' the Chief? At least he didn't say "LOLOLOLLLOLOLOLL"

... Sneaky

Anyways, I say this is awesomely funny. I mean, who would have expected something like this to pop up on iDevGames? Sure, it's not that clever as far as parodies/satires go, but still, lines likes this just made me burst out laughing:

XXxxDarkDragonxxXX Wrote:(or girl do girls code i never herd of one but we need some girls cuz i also like boobies)

LOL

Since when was "Fred" a placeholder variable?
Luminary
Any mod could play match-the-IP to find out which existing member is having us on Wink
⌘-R in Chief
diordna Wrote:Final score for this post: 12! A new record! But I'll bump it to 13 for absolutely horrific spelling. Really terrible. Thirteen for you, sir, bravo.

*claps, hoots, and hollers*

Wow
XXxxDarkDragonxxXX's profile Wrote:Computer:
PC DELL

Very nice touch. LOL
"PC DELL"
"Occupation: HED LEADER"

LOL That's awesome!
Luminary
I liked "Michigin"
Posted "Yesterday, 10:41 PM" -- shouldn't twelve-year-olds be asleep by then?

In all seriousness, if this isn't some kind of attempt at satire, please, please, display some kind of competance, any at all would be fine. That "red onmyt text" would be an indication of your skill with the English language:

Quote:ps i hav lots of red onmyt text and i dun no why but it must be a virus so if i dont respond 4 a wile i will be back k bye

Please read the "So you want to make a MMORPG?" thread.
Apprentice
diordna Wrote:Yep, there is a Poe's Law for game dev after all.

Meh, I believed it.

I never thought that someone would post such a crappy satire on a game dev forum

I did get a good laugh though Rasp