unable to locate a suitable developer disk image

Apprentice
Anybody getting"unable to locate a suitable developer disk image" when they run Xcode with an iTouch 2.1.1 docked ? I have tried to reinstall the latest SDK 2.1 (9M2517) but it has made no difference. HELP ( Come back Microsoft all is forgiven Cry)

Thanks in advance

Parystec
Quote this message in a reply
I am unaware that 2.1.1 is seeded. I would suspect that something went really screwy. You may want to remove Xcode and install that should bring you back to the latest and proper SDK.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Log into the iPhone Dev Center and click the "iPhone OS Pre-Installation Advisory" document near the top. It explains how to get your 2nd gen iPod Touch working with the 2.1 SDK.
Apprentice
Hi Mr C

Cant find it on the first page can you post a link thanks Smile

Parystec
Go here: http://developer.apple.com/iphone/ log in, and look in the very first section ("downloads"). I'd tell you more but the NDA nazis are watching Sneaky
Apprentice
Hi Mr C,

I have the file I see what to do but now HOW ? Can you enlighten ?

Yours Parystec
Are you asking how to make a symlink? Open up Terminal.app and use the ln command with the -s option.
Nibbie
Hi Frank C,

I got the same thing when I open xcode. I am using latest itouch and SDK. Where can I find the doc you mentioned? I cannot see any link about it at the download section. Could you tell me what to do? PLEASE HELP ME!
Please re-read my posts and re-read Apple's documentation. I can't explain it any better without revealing some SDK innards, so if you're still stuck please email Apple support.
Nibbie
Parystec Wrote:Hi Mr C,

I have the file I see what to do but now HOW ? Can you enlighten ?

Yours Parystec
Hi Parsytec,

Where did you find that file? I don't see it. What is it exactly named? Can you email the file to me?
Nibbie
I did the symlink thing. Still not working Sad
I tried too, with a symlink, but to no avail.

I'm now considering buying an older itouch to test on =o)
Nibbie
The symlink, as described in apples note does work, though their description is a bit lacking. You have to find the directory they are mentioning, not just type it as-is.

Also, link and ln seemed to not work as expected for me. I had to make the link named "foo" and then change it to the version number.
Apprentice
Hi All,

I got one of our programmers who used unix before to set up the link to files as a alias.Not sure how he did it

The file in question is from dev apple when you are a member and have paid money $$$$ you get the file listed as above...

Yours Parystec
<off-topic>@Parystec: I'm not sure if that's a serious question in your sig, but: alt-3 Rasp</off-topic>

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unable to implement OES_matrix_palette mariocaprino 0 2,036 Sep 14, 2010 09:43 AM
Last Post: mariocaprino
  Unable to load textures wademcgillis 15 7,647 Apr 9, 2010 03:37 PM
Last Post: Macmenace