Cost of Living in Berlin

I got an interesting job offer that would involve staying in Germany (Berlin) for a few months, but googling for info I found a lot of contradictory info.

Assuming that rent is taken care of, what monthly amount would someone need to live in Berlin? Nothing too fancy, but enough to have a bit of disposable income left for going out/seeing a couple of movies a month/a bit of traveling/etc.

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
DoG
If somebody says less than 500 euromonies per month, they're lying. Probably a lot more if you insist on going out Smile
⌘-R in Chief
Throw a number out, Domo.
DoG
FreakSoftware Wrote:Throw a number out, Domo.

My source says average German students live on 770€, including rent, so my guess of 500€ pocket money doesn't seem very far off. The cost of a movie ticket being 10-15€, same price as a cheap meal in a restaurant, you can probably count on a night out setting you back 30€, or more. The total sum is left as an exercise to the reader.
⌘-R in Chief
That's less than here. I think it'd cost about 850€ for around here too, if you're living with roommates. (Excluding cost of school itself as a student.)
Thanks! Smile Most of the links I found in Google seemed to be very out of date and had wildly different figures (usually less, which didn't seem right).
Sage
DoG Wrote:My source says average German students live on 770€, including rent, so my guess of 500€ pocket money doesn't seem very far off. The cost of a movie ticket being 10-15€, same price as a cheap meal in a restaurant, you can probably count on a night out setting you back 30€, or more. The total sum is left as an exercise to the reader.

Great googly moogly. And I thought Washington DC was expensive. Cry

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  You mean I can actually write games for a living? stevejohnson 8 4,839 Oct 15, 2012 07:25 AM
Last Post: FlamingHairball
  Why does game development cost so much. ferum 34 13,001 Jan 1, 2006 09:45 AM
Last Post: Byron Clarke