Advertising iPhone Games

Nibbie
Hey,

What are some good ways to advertise an iPhone game? I have released my game, Lumen, and it has been getting moderate sales, but I know it can get a lot better. What are some good sites or ad programs to pick up on? All I can think to do is to get Mac sites to post reviews...

Thank You,
Bridger maxwell
Quote this message in a reply
I'd be curious to hear about any good advertisement techniques too, but I suspect it's too early to get great tips on that yet. Seems like you have a pretty good product. I didn't see a link to your youtube video on your page. I might've missed it, but you should make that more prominent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QFT5Htb3iQ

The youtube video idea is great since there is no (good/legitimate) way that I know of to offer demos of games for iPhone.
At 1:49 your youtube video contains some very vulgar language you may want to look into that.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Luminary
You can offer a limited free version and a paid full version, that gives you demo functionality. Plenty of people seem to be doing that.

Make sure http://toucharcade.com/ covers your game. They seem to be drawing a fair amount of traffic.
kode Wrote:At 1:49 your youtube video contains some very vulgar language you may want to look into that.
How did you find that‽ Wow, I am NEVER playing "Where's Waldo" with you! Rasp

OneSadCookie Wrote:You can offer a limited free version and a paid full version, that gives you demo functionality. Plenty of people seem to be doing that.

I've been so busy working that I haven't noticed that myself. I assumed (apparently incorrectly so) that Apple wouldn't allow it. I can't believe they didn't allow two versions (demo and paid) for one link so it doesn't pollute the store.

[edit] Oh silly me... there are at least a dozen things I can't believe they did/didn't do. Never mind...
Like advertising with any indie product the key is networking. Send out press releases to the blogs. You can also list yourself with some of the new iPhone coverage websites, even versiontracker has an iPhone portal page now.

Look into sites such as Tuaw.com, macenstein.com, toucharcade.com and all the others. You may want to even consider putting some money into advertising at some of the iPhone related sites such as modmyifone.com. It all comes down to exposure.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what iPhone device versions to target for physics based games? mixedup 3 915 Sep 30, 2013 01:22 PM
Last Post: mawigator
  Music bitrate for ipad and iphone games Bambinou 5 9,056 Nov 19, 2011 07:02 PM
Last Post: fugufish
  Advertising in AppStore NikaGrig 5 8,003 Feb 22, 2011 09:40 PM
Last Post: Holmes
  iPhone 4 and 480x320 games bmantzey 15 12,693 Sep 30, 2010 11:18 PM
Last Post: monteboyd
  Why bluetooth games do not work on iPhone 2G? riruilo 13 8,494 Mar 31, 2010 07:53 AM
Last Post: alibaba123