Anticipation

Talyn Wrote:I meant more of if I didn't mean to enter the program in the first place. What do you suppose would be best course of action for getting a refund?

If all you've done is apply for it, then you can simply ignore any further emails from them indicating the next step for you to take. If you've already paid, I have no clue. Maybe email them and ask?
Quote this message in a reply
AnotherJake Wrote:If all you've done is apply for it, then you can simply ignore any further emails from them indicating the next step for you to take. If you've already paid, I have no clue. Maybe email them and ask?

Yeah, I recommended the "Contact Us" link and submitted a request for a refund and removal from the program.

Mac users swear by their computers, PC users swear at their computers. ~Unknown

iSayz
You know that once you're in fight club you can't leave fight club right? I kid, I kid...

I am intensely interested in why you changed your mind about it! [not that it's any of my business of course...]
No, no! It's not me. It's actually one of my coworkers. He was signed up the day before we hired him on and now he's trying to get out because he doesn't plan on doing indie dev anymore.

iSayz
Oh sure, the ol' "it's for somebody I know" excuse! Rasp

That's funny, but it makes sense now with your earlier wording. Just out of curiosity, when did he get in? I live for irony...
AnotherJake Wrote:Oh sure, the ol' "it's for somebody I know" excuse! Rasp

That's funny, but it makes sense now with your earlier wording. Just out of curiosity, when did he get in? I live for irony...

He said it was the day before we decided to hire him on, so that was something like two weeks ago. Why?

iSayz
I just think it's funny some of us here have waited this long to get in, and someone who doesn't want to be there didn't do anything with it and wants out. There's my daily dosage of irony right there -- gotta love it! Wink
Luminary
I don't think they're going to buy "I didn't mean to pay you $99 for all these benefits that I can't prove I haven't been using". But feel free to try.
Not that it's exactly the same thing, but XNA is similar in pricing and similar in the fact that you can't upload games to your console until you pay the $100 fee. If you cancel with them they prorate it for each month you have left, giving you a share of your fee back.
AnotherJake Wrote:I just think it's funny some of us here have waited this long to get in, and someone who doesn't want to be there didn't do anything with it and wants out. There's my daily dosage of irony right there -- gotta love it! Wink

When you put it that way...Yeah I guess it is kind of funny. And sad. And ironic, all in one.

iSayz
Apple have a no refunds policy on pretty much everything (including apps bought from the app store). I agree with OSC - except for the "might as well try" bit. The $100 is spent and gone. Might as well make a singing smily face or a white window or a button you have to hold for as long as possible or something Rasp

Chopper, iSight Screensavers, DuckDuckDuck: http://majicjungle.com
reubert Wrote:Apple have a no refunds policy on pretty much everything (including apps bought from the app store). I agree with OSC - except for the "might as well try" bit. The $100 is spent and gone. Might as well make a singing smily face or a white window or a button you have to hold for as long as possible or something Rasp

Ha! Yeah. I don't think he'll be very happy to hear that, but he's trying anyway. Thanks for the info guys.

iSayz
Alright, this is getting ridiculous. We are STILL awaiting entry into the Dev Program. ANy idea what the hold up might be?

iSayz
Talyn Wrote:Alright, this is getting ridiculous. We are STILL awaiting entry into the Dev Program. ANy idea what the hold up might be?
The fact that there are roughly 20,452,382,512 other developers wanting entry too?
Josh Wrote:The fact that there are roughly 20,452,382,512 other developers wanting entry too?

Ha. Well, our wait is over. Seems we had an error when sending our original request, so we just reapplied.

iSayz