Processing tutorial for beginners

I haven't seen any Processing tutorials for beginners floating around the web yet, so I started writing one for the tutorial contest and finished it today. It could be more complete, but it should be enough to give a start to someone with no programming experience.

See it here

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Quote this message in a reply
Pretty cool! Smile I can see alot of places in the tutorial where you decided you "didn't want to duplicate stuff" and just put a link there to more detailed instructions though Wink
leRiCl Wrote:Pretty cool! Smile I can see alot of places in the tutorial where you decided you "didn't want to duplicate stuff" and just put a link there to more detailed instructions though Wink
I didn't think anyone would mind. Those pages explain things better than I would anyway.

Hey, I was thinking of writing this exact same thing for a friend of mine. Now I can just give them yours!

It's nice being lazy...

It's not magic, it's Ruby.
Duane Wrote:Hey, I was thinking of writing this exact same thing for a friend of mine. Now I can just give them yours!

It's nice being lazy...

Yes, everyone likes to be lazy. Smile
Duane Wrote:Hey, I was thinking of writing this exact same thing for a friend of mine. Now I can just give them yours!

If you want to add stuff about sound or input, I would be happy to put it in mine and credit you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Some questions on languages from a new guy (...beginners) ProfessorApe 20 7,802 Jan 24, 2007 03:10 PM
Last Post: leRiCl
  Another Processing 0118? (MouseRoutine) wardd13 6 3,092 Oct 15, 2006 11:57 AM
Last Post: wardd13
  Processing ?'s wardd13 9 3,637 Oct 12, 2006 01:46 AM
Last Post: Fenris
  Anybody here heard of Processing? sealfin 2 2,704 Oct 5, 2004 05:56 AM
Last Post: Taxxodium