Unity3D buyer

I think I am going to buy Unity. Is there anything I should know before I throw away my $130?

-$$$

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Quote this message in a reply
Go for it Grin
Hairball183 Wrote:I think I am going to buy Unity. Is there anything I should know before I throw away my $130?

-$$$
You won't be "throwing" money away on Unity, you will be "investing" it. And a wise investment it shall be! Just remember to come back and visit us once in a while. Wink
Umm, try it out first? Get a demo license and make sure you'll actually, you know, use it?

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
AnotherJake Wrote:You won't be "throwing" money away on Unity, you will be "investing" it. And a wise investment it shall be! Just remember to come back and visit us once in a while. Wink

I'll try to. Rasp

diordna: Nah, everyone I've heard of likes it. I'll just buy it based on their recommendations.

-LG

Wow! I hate this app! I can't believe I bought this! I should have listened to diordna!(In other words, thanks for the advice)

- Lincoln Green
Never managed to get into unity much... I mean it might be good if you're a modeler and you want to make your game fast, but it maybe hinders you from some of the fun programming part.

©h€ck øut µy stuƒƒ åt ragdollsoft.com
New game in development Rubber Ninjas - Mac Games Downloads
OK, suddenly I'm having second thoughts. Thanks a LOT Najdorf. Rasp

- Lincoln Green
Najdorf Wrote:but it maybe hinders you from some of the fun programming part.
Masochist! ;-)

(I wonder what I do all day if it's not for the fun programming parts Smile )

Seriously, er, Hairball, why not just try the 30 day demo?

-Jon
Personally I hate those make-a-game programs I feel that they really stifle ones ability to freely create what they want. I think I am one of a dying breed though, download the demo first.
Unity is a very nice development engine, especially with its support now for Nintendo Wii and upcoming support for iPhone.

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
funkboy Wrote:Unity is a very nice development engine, especially with its support now for Nintendo Wii and upcoming support for iPhone.

Oh cool, they got Wii support going! See, we need you guys to let us know these things! The Unity guys were around here back in the day when they were initially promoting the product and now we're promoting the product for them and they're nowhere to be found (except aarku, of course, but he doesn't count Rasp ). --- I'm just pulling your leg aarku, you know that right?
* FlamingHairball wonders where everyone got the idea that I wasn't going to try the trial.

So now I'm wondering if I should just tough it and continue with OpenGL. Boy, you guys are a heap of help. Rasp

-LG

- Lincoln Green
Hairball183 Wrote:/me wonders where everyone got the idea that I wasn't going to try the trial.

So now I'm wondering if I should just tough it and continue with OpenGL. Boy, you guys are a heap of help. Rasp

-LG
Do both! Anything worth your while will require a financial (and or time) investment on your part, even if it is the wrong move. I'm not trying to say you should buy Unity, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting it, only to find out that's not what you wanted to do. You have to make moves and commit to them so you can try them out, and sometimes it costs ya'. That's why it's called an investment.
Alright! I have an action plan! Hooray!

- Lincoln Green
Hairball183 Wrote:diordna: Nah, everyone I've heard of likes it. I'll just buy it based on their recommendations.
You have nothing to lose by trying it, but if you don't like it and buy it blind, you'll have wasted $130.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff