dream soft the soon to be company

heralz
Unregistered

hi you probly think i am a noob or something to even be posting this but im here to share my dreams with you guys

1] my and my 7 friends were curently in middleschool 8th grade have a dream of one day making the most sucessful company named dream soft. and our first game that will be relased is called rukia

2] rukia offers exeptional game play like no other

advance combos
flying system with wings

air ship flying where its like player controls a ship not lk those games where your in a ship n just click n the ship moves there ou have to actually move the ship [ you rteam on the ship will be called yuor voyage

advance sytem like alcemy, synthesism,looting, jobs beside your main job like (cook,hunter,fiser,black smith, ect)

also advance fighting lets you take your fighitn to the sky!

skills, chain skills, very higly graphic

very good graphics i am curently comparing it to aion

players can freely roam the land of rukia and all of its sites

air bording, diferent methords of transportation

fly fishing where you can fish into the sky my games a little different the sky is like the ocean to thats why ships fly

deep story line

one thig bad is its p2p

servers can hold 10000 perple per server

game play wont get broing i promise you because i am a hard core gamer n i no what gamers look forward in a game

its going ot be a uniqe game

i promise you

you can call me noob n everythung but i am the one that has my future planed out

for instince i am planing to go to ib school then georgia tech.... get masters degree n hopefully gt some sponsors for my game

but basically please dont hate because sometime us kids have to dream big
and you will be suprised of our abbilities

i alrdy learned c++
gaming modual

but over all my dream is to make a game that benifits like im goign to give alt of the money to charity and orpanages and spnsor game teams when they make a game

im alrdy done with the site just the links dont work quite yet

i alrdy wrote some scripts fo rthe game and will plan to buy the emu maybe in the colledge carrer the reason i am posting here because i need sugestions and tips on making a game
Quote this message in a reply
I assume you already read the sticky post for people who want to make their own MMORPGs? Detailed plans like yours are a dime a dozen. What it really takes is the skill to implement even a subset of this.

You have a big goal, but this shouldn't be the first game you're ever trying to make, because if you do this as your first project, failure is guaranteed. Try your hand at something smaller first, or actually, lots of smaller things, to learn what it takes and why things are so hard. The reason why other games don't have the features you want yours to have is not that the developers didn't think of it, it's because it's really, really hard.

As for suggestions on how to start, the latest thread of this kind would be the following: http://www.idevgames.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14726 It also links to some other threads, go and look in them as well.
Quote:i alrdy learned c++
gaming modual

but over all my dream is to make a game that benifits like im goign to give alt of the money to charity and orpanages and spnsor game teams when they make a game

im alrdy done with the site just the links dont work quite yet

* stevejohnson adds this to his personal database of hilarious MMORPG posts, but suspects satire due to the completely ridiculous nature of the last part

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
So how much C++ do you know?
Well, of course, satire is always possible as well, but I didn't think the claims about the game itself were too hilarious compared to others. I hope someone will tell us whether it is.
Luminary
I don't think someone attempting to satirize could manage to produce English that poor, or the extensive catalogue of random irrelevant details and misconceptions. It smells genuine to me. Or decide to name an MMORPG after a random anime character.
⌘-R in Chief
Geeze, guys... Let's all make fun of the 13 year old for having high ambitions...
FreakSoftware Wrote:Geeze, guys... Let's all make fun of the 13 year old for having high ambitions...

Hey, I wasn't making fun of him.Huh
heralz
Unregistered

what ever u gys dont under stand D; T_T
heralz
Unregistered

none of u guys r helping me i feel so pushed down u guys no u guys crushed my dreams
*sigh*

Look, if you want to make a MMO, you need to start small. Make pong first, or even better, make a small text adventure that recognizes text commands like 'north' and 'south'. Making a website and making a game have very few similarities, however I must congratulate you on your initiative to learn C++. I'm sixteen and have been programming for about two and a half years, and I know that I could not come anywhere close to making something like what you have described. It's good to dream big because you'll learn a lot from trying to reach your goals, but you also need to be realistic.

That being said, the reason some people are making fun of you/laughing at your post is:
lack of grammar
spelling mistakes
abbreviations

We've seen a lot of posts that look very similiar to yours, usually the poster doesn't hang around the forum very long, but if you hang around here for five or six months, you'll see why we laughed Wink

In short: stick around the forums, take people's advice, use good grammar/spelling (it doesn't have to be flawless), and be willing to learn new things and you will be well on your way to making games.....one day you may even be able to join a team of developers who make a game like what you described Smile

-wyrmmage

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
I'm very sorry to have crushed your dream, but here are some suggestions to help you get started.

a). Learn to spell. No one is going to give you suggestions if you just show up and say you want to make a MMORPG game and know C++, but can't even spell.

b). Start small. You are not going to be able to make a game of the size you are talking about right away. I am still learning how to program a one-player game where you flip squares over. Dreaming big is great, but dreams aren't gonna do all the work for you.

c). Pay attention to the advice given by more experienced(and less experienced for that matter) programmers. The guys on this forum are really helpful, but they are not going to respond to a post by a guy saying "i have a dream".

d). Be persistent. If they already crushed your dream, then it is never going to be any more than an idea.

I hope I have not crushed your dream any further, and I hope you go on to make the greatest game the world has ever known, but it will take work.
heralz Wrote:none of u guys r helping me i feel so pushed down u guys no u guys crushed my dreams
Come on now, people. This MUST be satire, or my head will explode.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Luminary
His IP doesn't match any other members, at least...
perhaps, but I'd rather be nice to said poster in case it's not a satire Rasp
-wyrmmage

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Are today's gamers too soft? BeyondCloister 80 25,799 Sep 17, 2004 02:44 PM
Last Post: DaFalcon
  Electric Company Sim Carlos Camacho 5 3,613 Aug 1, 2003 09:46 PM
Last Post: igame3d