Expected downtime

Founder
Hi,

I will switching to a (less) expensive over the course of the next few days. You may find that our site is down during this period at times. Don't fret as we'll be back up in no time. (knock on wood). Also, our IPs will change so it may take some time for them to propagate around the world.

Regards,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks for the heads up Carlos!
Founder
I finally had a chance to migrate the site to the new VPS server. It was much tricker than I thought. I'm still working on iDevApps and dim3, and hope to get them back online in 24 hours. Please report any and all bugs to me. (I know about the PayPal Japanese issue).

FYI, new server is $5 less at same host (PowerVPS.com) but now on 2.86GHz Xeon (before 1.8GHz Xeon). Also running CentosOS (before Fedora Core 2) and Plesk 8.2 (before Plesk 7.5.4). So with 3 big changes, there could be a slight speed boost. I notice a tad less resources being consumed. Not bad for $5 less a month. lol. I need to shut off our old VPS, and have them pro-rate our remaining hosting payment to the new server (VPS). If memory serves me correctly, the next hosting bill is due in October of November.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Founder
Just aquick note about the Japanese appearing in the PayPal (Uber link). Until I sort that out, you can click the "Donate to iDevGames" link in my signature and you'll get an English display.

Regards,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
The favicon seems to have changed (I don't recall what it was before though)
Founder
I can't recall which thread it was that someone mentioned that when donating to iDevGames, they were sent to the Japanese PayPal page. That should be fixed, so the English page should now be displayed.

Cheers,

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Forum downtime 2/25-26 Carlos Camacho 4 4,930 Feb 27, 2010 10:56 AM
Last Post: OneSadCookie