XCode Woes

DesertPenguin
Unregistered

I am using XCode for some of my c++ development work.

On the Build Results screen, I can't show the "Build Transcript" because the middle toolbar that contains the buttons for "Show Build Steps" "Show Warnings" and "Show Build Transcript" has disappeared.

This only aplies to a specifc project - other projects work. I don't want to have to recreate the project.

Does anyone have any ideas how to re-enable?

My frustration with XCode is increasing Mad

OSC - I know your feelings about XCode, but have you ever seen parts of it just disappear?

Thanks in advance for any help...
Quote this message in a reply
Oldtimer
Try looking around for one of those "split view" nubs, especially to the right. I've had the entire editor vanish for me, just because the file view had grabbed 100% of the view width. Post a screenshot if you want help looking. Wink
Luminary
Yeah, I've had bits vanish when moving a project from my 24" monitor at work to my 17" monitor at home Smile

If all else fails, it's safe to delete every file inside the .xcodeproj *except* the .pbxproj file. That should reset your window settings to the default.
DesertPenguin
Unregistered

Lol - I followed your advice of looking around closely...then I finally realized I was already looking at the "Build Transcript" - the "Build Steps" was actually hidden above the transcript area.

Too many options....

Wacko

Smile

Thanks for your posts
Sage
What I find is pretty useful is to bind keystrokes to toggle the various build panes. This way I don't have to look for tiny resize nubbins.

PITA, yes, but it works.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Xcode 4 migration woes.. SparkyNZ 3 9,557 Sep 23, 2013 12:00 AM
Last Post: naeem.paracha
  XCode woes icklefrelp 5 4,575 Jan 30, 2007 12:05 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  XCode 2.0 linker woes ( Tiger ) TomorrowPlusX 2 3,373 May 2, 2005 07:20 AM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX