OpenGL/C++ Programming Books

Dash Rantic
Unregistered

This might be the wrong place to post this question, but I couldn't figure where else to put it. So here goes.

I'm learning C++ (I'm a Computer Science major, and C++ is the main language my school uses) and have been looking for some projects to do with programming to keep my skills up over the summer, and I fiugured I might as well attempt some sort of game. So I'd like to know if anyone has any good Mac-specific books for learning OpenGL. I've found a couple interesting-looking books searching online, but they all seem quite Windows-oriented.

I've done a couple of searches on this forum, didn't find anything (whiuch surprised me, maybe I was looking in the wrong place?). But any suggestions would be very helpful for a good OSX-oriented book on OpenGL basics.

As for what I'm trying to program, I don't have anything in mind yet really. I think I'd just like to start out with some basic 2D stuff at first (maybe things like Tetris, Space Invaders, etc), but don't really have anything specific I'm looking for yet.

Thanks,

-Dash
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
This question comes up all the time, so yes, you're looking in the wrong place Rasp

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aid...pengl+book

Bottom line is, OpenGL is OpenGL is OpenGL, it doesn't matter what platform you're on. There are some platform specifics of how to set up a context, and there are few good books for the Mac side of this, but plenty of online resources.
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Books books books! FlamingHairball 7 3,509 May 13, 2008 03:14 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake
  Cocoa Programming Books Nick 6 3,650 Sep 13, 2007 05:10 AM
Last Post: Robbo
  OpenGL Books? bronxbomber92 16 7,296 Mar 6, 2007 09:52 PM
Last Post: CFthetized
  Books! Corun 16 7,788 Jul 6, 2005 12:25 AM
Last Post: SethWillits
  Mac dev books Carlos Camacho 12 7,606 Jun 12, 2005 11:55 AM