Trouble with VBOs

No problem, I can also send you some code if you want. Once I deem my Monkey3D project ready for release when I can successfully use it to have models in my first game, then the entire code where I generate the mesh will be available. One thing to note is my algorithm requires the model be closed.
Quote this message in a reply
tigakub
Unregistered

glInterleavedArrays doesn't support multiple texture coordinate arrays, but you can still store your data in an interleaved format and enable the individual arrays as long as you pass the correct stride.

I suspect that stacked arrays may degrade performance due to cache misses, especially with more complex geometry which spans more than one page of memory. I know that this happens in conventional memory. Can someone verify if this happens in display memory, too?
Luminary
tigakub Wrote:I suspect that stacked arrays may degrade performance due to cache misses, especially with more complex geometry which spans more than one page of memory. I know that this happens in conventional memory. Can someone verify if this happens in display memory, too?

Yes, there are caches on the GPU, and yes, you can miss them and cause a slow-down.

I benchmarked a bunch of vertex formats (interleaved and not, 3- and 4-component vertices, 3- and 3X-component normals and binormals, 2- and 4-component texture coordinates) and I found no difference in performance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  VBOs and Vertex Arrays in OpenGL not working Talyn 6 6,380 Jul 8, 2008 01:14 PM
Last Post: Fenris
  Text rendering problem with VBOs on myfeng 9 5,960 Feb 29, 2008 04:54 PM
Last Post: OneSadCookie
  GL_SELECT mode in VBOs myfeng 0 2,345 Feb 28, 2008 10:38 AM
Last Post: myfeng
  Proper teardown of VBOs TomorrowPlusX 5 4,127 Dec 2, 2004 05:29 AM
Last Post: TomorrowPlusX
  Will VBOs be faster than display lists for simple meshes? TomorrowPlusX 14 5,888 Nov 30, 2004 03:32 PM
Last Post: arekkusu