iDevApps banned?

g'day, looks like my account at idevapps.com got banned forever without a reason. Whats the gossip?

Blink

Justin "LordFire" Baldock
Quote this message in a reply
Hmm... You're not on the ban list. Do you use a name different than Baldock there? What does it do that makes you think you've been banned? Does it not load or did you get an email or something?
Sometimes Carlos does batch bannings. Last time my account here was erased was when he sent a bulk email out and erased every account that had the email bounce. Unfortunately, the email he sent from failed a reverse dns check, which is a common anti-spam technique (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-spam_t...DNS_checks), so my mail server bounced the emails. My account was deleted once before that, possibly for the same reason. So it's kind of just a fact of life. This account has lasted a while though!

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
Founder
Hello Justin.

Welcome back!

When forum users' emails start to bounce, I shift them to a special category so that they stop getting emails from the system and myself. Keeps all the bounces down. That category is something similar to a ban. So should the user come back into the forum, they'll buzz me (like you did), I'll/they will update their email address and then their account is fully restored.

What brings you back into the world of development?
Cool

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Middle of last year I got myself a ipod touch. Wanted to start playing again with software dev. Upgraded from the little intel Mac Mini to a iMac. Top if off, last week work got me an iPhone. Also I've finished up most of my programming subjects for my dip in software dev and I think I've got time to start playing again.

Justin "LordFire" Baldock
Founder
Nice. Glad to see you back. All the regulars seem to be making $$$ from their iPhone apps. Smile

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames